Chef Jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. From Exotics, it's a Jeff Powell Blank called Chef Jeff. It's on a Rhodium Jr. Gentleman Rollerball. Jeff incorporated real red pepper and parsley into the resin. It's one of several pens that I'm making as gifts for Mother's day and Graduations. It was fun to turn. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Chef Jeff_2.jpg
    Chef Jeff_2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Chef Jeff_1.jpg
    Chef Jeff_1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Chef Jeff.jpg
    Chef Jeff.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

Really nice. I've been eyeing this blank for myself.

A question though...
What do you do with all of these great pens you make each morning?

workinforwood

Wow..that pen really makes me smile! The very first batch did not have spice, and they looked good, but I thought some spices would really add to the theme. This is the first one I've seen completed, don't have one for myself even. I never would have thought it would look that amazing! I'm patting myself on the back...but you should too Doc..because your perfect execution, finish and photography are what bring it to life!

beck3906

Jeff,
You mean you make the designs and never turn one yourself? Not even a prototype?

How do you know what it will look like when assembled?

workinforwood

Jeff,
You mean you make the designs and never turn one yourself? Not even a prototype?

How do you know what it will look like when assembled?

I wish I could make one of everything, but I have a real job and a family, so I just can't possibly do it. I have been making blanks for a long time though, so experience tells me what it will look like. If I have concerns..and sometimes that happens, then I spin one out or send one to a random person to spin for me. I have a personal pile of blanks just for me to spin, not that I feel they need tested..they've sold out and been purchased by many happy people..but my personal pile I have grand idea's for each pen and not enough time, the pile grows faster than I whittle it down.

wizard

A question though...

Rick, I have given a few dozen of the pens away as gifts. I have the rest, which is around 250+ pens on a display stand as well as in pen cases and boxes at home....I'll try to find a picture of the display stand. Would like to sell them but just need to figure out how to go about it. I've been making pens primarily as it is a form of relaxation for me.. Regards, Doc:)

beck3906

A question though...

Rick, I have given a few dozen of the pens away as gifts. I have the rest, which is around 250+ pens on a display stand as well as in pen cases and boxes at home....I'll try to find a picture of the display stand. Would like to sell them but just need to figure out how to go about it. I've been making pens primarily as it is a form of relaxation for me.. Regards, Doc:)

That display must be outstadning. Would love to see a photo of it.

beck3906

I have a personal pile of blanks just for me to spin, not that I feel they need tested..they've sold out and been purchased by many happy people..but my personal pile I have grand idea's for each pen and not enough time, the pile grows faster than I whittle it down.

That personal pile must be of some outstanding stock. I've collected several of your blanks over the last few months but had a few of the different styles get past me. If you ever want to thin that pile, PM me. :wink:

ToddMR

Another cool blank creation from Jeff. You did it proud too Doc. Very nice pen indeed. Did the spices bother you at all while turning?

wizard

Another cool blank creation from Jeff. You did it proud too Doc. Very nice pen indeed. Did the spices bother you at all while turning?

Todd, They didn't bother me at all. Then again, I had a lathe hood going and Triton respirator on. I did worry about that because there was a ton of red pepper on the surface of the blank that thinned out as I turned it. Regards, Doc

wizard

A question though...

That display must be outstadning. Would love to see a photo of it.

Rick, This is about one-half of my collection :eek: and the photograph was taken several months ago. There is a wizard's wand at the top of the stand that I turned out of ebony some time ago for my son. He was going through a "Harry Potter" phase. :rolleyes: Regards, Doc

Attachments

• Pen Collection I.jpg
    Pen Collection I.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 130

wiset1

WILD, Doc you must have a direct link to the exotics site for new blanks, ha ha ha. I know that when I see a new blank there you will have it posted here in a matter of days. This always gives me a reason to check the IAP! You've done a great job with this and as always Jeff did a great job with the saw and cast. Can't wait to see your next pen...Best wishes Doc

65GTMustang

I am/was a professional Chef. Attended Johnson and Wales University. Once my back decided to start disintegrating I had to stop the most very best job in the whole wide world!
For anyone that can truly say they LOVE there job! - I was one of them.
It is depressing to think about these days….
Anyway as a professional I can say that is a really cool pen - or should I say it is "Spicy"
I like the Chef Hat symbol.
Anytime you need a Foodie type pen blank turned – let me know, I would love it!

Top Bottom