Check this Tulipwood slimline in Red finish.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jimofsanston

jimofsanston

tulipwood in slimeline with red finish on metal.

Attachments

• tulipwood 010.jpg
    tulipwood 010.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 297
  • tulipwood 014.jpg
    tulipwood 014.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 198
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

Be careful with tulipwood, it's HIGHLY toxic and a sensitizer. It's horrible to breathe in (though it actually smells pretty good). It has the same oil in it that causes poison ivy. I had a big order for a bunch of tulipwood pens last year and the first day I broke out in aweful poison ivy all over my forearms. I did a little research and that scared me into setting up a DC vent hood, getting a real good respirator, and using an ambient air filtration system. Just be careful with anything in the Dalberia (rosewood) family, especially tulipwood!:doctor:

guts

Jim,That's a nice looking slim unlike Brian I have never had a problem with tulip wood,I've turned a few pens out of it.

jimofsanston

Ivy

Well i am very alergic to poison ivy. I did this pen early this afternoon when i got home form work. No rash yet. I use a face mask from lowes with the two filters and a full face shield so there is no poblem with that. But i think i need to move off the enclosed porch and get into the shed but it is cold out there until my heater gets going. BURRRR:cowboy:

angelofdeath

You did a great job with that blank... your Tulipwood seems much redder than what I am used to getting. I like it a lot. Might I ask where you got it at? Thanks for sharing

jimofsanston

I was in Maryland the other day and had some time to waste before going to a site to do some work. I looked up on the net for a wood supplier near Baltimore and one poped up on the west side. he had some beautiful wood there. That piece was a scarp in the discard box i was able to get about 6 pen blanks from it. 3/4 x 3/4.
http://www.freestatetimbers.com/

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
Be careful with tulipwood, it's HIGHLY toxic and a sensitizer. It's horrible to breathe in (though it actually smells pretty good). It has the same oil in it that causes poison ivy. I had a big order for a bunch of tulipwood pens last year and the first day I broke out in aweful poison ivy all over my forearms. I did a little research and that scared me into setting up a DC vent hood, getting a real good respirator, and using an ambient air filtration system. Just be careful with anything in the Dalberia (rosewood) family, especially tulipwood!:doctor:

turned a few last night, besides the smell of it when cutting and drilling, it worked out with no problems.. I turned a wenge afterwards, so I thought that was why I was so stuffed up..

Noticed today one of the tulips had 2 small cracks on the lower b2b where the tranny fit.. didnt see them the night before..

Top Bottom