Cheap Pen For A Cheap Friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rollerbob

Rollerbob

Bout tired of giv'n away my bounty. Love this wood(whateveritis)Turns good and as said makes a cheap, well you know what I said.:angry:

Attachments

• Pink Lady 001.jpg
    Pink Lady 001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 530
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think everyone gives their stuff away at first. but NOT everyone uses the higher quality stuff when they start. I would hate to be giving that stuff away too. try making some slim-lines and comfort grips for the cheap bastards who "love your work" ....just not enough to offer money.
but really...you know you love making pens, whether you are selling them or giving them away or hiding them in a cubby hole, and just laying them out to caress them before bed. either way, yer happy and you know it.
so...clap your hands?

By the way, I really like the whateveritis. I also have some whateveritis, some cantrememberwhattheheckitis, and couldbemapleorelmnotrealsure. as well as some blue wutchamacallit. great stuf.

I'm leaning towards Pink Ivory as well.

Nice pen by the way. I've given many away in the hopes that as they are used someone else will see it and realize that they just can't live without one for themselves. Hasn't really paid off yet, though.

cnirenberg

Bob,
Nice looking pen. I agree with the Pirate (Arrrrgh), knock out a few of the inexpensive kits to experiment with what YOU like and what kind of pen styles keep you satisfied. As far as carressing them before bed............I would wait until everyone else is asleep.

Rollerbob

Bob,
Nice looking pen. I agree with the Pirate (Arrrrgh), knock out a few of the inexpensive kits to experiment with what YOU like and what kind of pen styles keep you satisfied. As far as carressing them before bed............I would wait until everyone else is asleep.
It's hard to experiment with kits when LOML keeps showing to no money havin friends:rolleyes: As far as carressing.........tutorial video coming soon:eek:

masl

yep i would say pink ivory,Let the wife have a pen and she uses it at work all the time best thing i have done,
most have sold 30 plus pens now on people picking her pen up and ask where she got it from !!!

Munsterlander

I think everyone gives their stuff away at first. but NOT everyone uses the higher quality stuff when they start. I would hate to be giving that stuff away too. try making some slim-lines and comfort grips for the cheap bastards who "love your work" ....just not enough to offer money.
but really...you know you love making pens, whether you are selling them or giving them away or hiding them in a cubby hole, and just laying them out to caress them before bed. either way, yer happy and you know it.
so...clap your hands?

Yeah, I was doing that for a while, but I find slimlines are one of the hardest pens for me to get perfect (nib mating) so I'd rather give away satin executives or something just a little bit more than a slimline but with a single barrel. the quicker production time is worth the extra $2-3...

Ligget

Great work on the pen, pink ivory from me too, if you are going to give a pen away make sure the plating will not wear too quickly cause when it does wear that results in negative comments.

Not good if you are trying to build up a reputation as a custom penmaker!

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I make a bunch of slims and comforts just to give to people whom I know have the desire to have one of my pens, here in TN where I live the folks just can't afford the ones that I make to show or sell. I get a lot of pleasure in seeing them when I present a pen I have made to them.One old man has brought several people whom can afford to purchace to my shop, they left with expensive purchaces.

Top Bottom