Chatka Viga Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Chatka Viga from BigRob. Wow pictures does not do this stuff justice. If you were one of the lucky ones who got some. Turn it!! It is beautiful!!!!

200562412648_Chatka1.jpg

20056241275_Chatka2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Coach, beautiful pen! I just got my order today and will be making something from them soon. From the looks of yours I won't be sorry I bought a few of these blanks, thanks for sharing and nice work!

JimGo

Coach, I couldn't believe how fast that stuff sold! By the time I looked at the listing, it was gone! Oh well, at least it went into good hands - that looks GREAT! Was it a hard wood (e.g., would you equate it to something like Cocobolo (hard), Purpleheart (medium), or Walnut (relatively soft))?

BigRob777

<b>Coach says he hasn't been doing this very long...I'd never have guessed. I'll save some of the curly claro walnut for you, Coach-T.</b>[;)]
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Coach, I couldn't believe how fast that stuff sold!
My first quote. Not too hard.

<b>JimGo,
I was pretty amazed, myself. [:0] Unfortunately, I can't get any more of it. The response was so overwhelming, I think I could have gone through three times what I did.
I do have a few left for my own use (half are quality rejects). I can toss a complimentary blank (not one of the rejects) into any order you purchase, but you may have to remind me.[:)]
This is what the wood looked like, before it was turned:</b>

200562410646_DSCN0607.jpg
<br />

scalawagtoo

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br /><b>Coach says he hasn't been doing this very long...I'd never have guessed. I'll save some of the curly claro walnut for you, Coach-T.</b>[;)]
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Coach, I couldn't believe how fast that stuff sold!
My first quote. Not too hard.

<b>JimGo,
I was pretty amazed, myself. [:0] Unfortunately, I can't get any more of it. The response was so overwhelming, I think I could have gone through three times what I did.
I do have a few left for my own use (half are quality rejects). I can toss a complimentary blank (not one of the rejects) into any order you purchase, but you may have to remind me.[:)]
This is what the wood looked like, before it was turned:</b>

200562410646_DSCN0607.jpg
<br />
I can't find Chatka Viga in any of my reference books. Do you have any other names for it?

BigRob777

It is spelled Chakte Viga. It is usually a padaukish looking wood, mostly orange, but this stuff was ribbon striped. I cut into the board and my eyes about popped out. I wish I could get more. My supplier had just one board. Ah, well!![V] It was a nice wave to ride. My friend was helping me clean out my shop and found an end piece, about 1/4" thick and wanted to keep it, just because it was so beautiful. I have to admit, I kept one too, along with the rejected blanks for my own turning. I don't know much about this company, but here is a link to their chakte viga page. I didn't get it there. I got it on ebay.
http://www.woodworkerssource.net/Merchant3/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WS&Category_Code=Chakte_Viga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom