Charoite Trustone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btbeam

btbeam

This is my second Trustone pen this color was really hard to turn. Just ended up leaving my sharpener run until I was done but I think it came out Ok
Eliteresize.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

I really like that. I have some Truestone I have been holding on to and saving for a special pen....and until I have the courage to turn it. Great job.

btbeam

The first one I did was a maroon with gold matrix and it turned much like an acrylic then i did this one which was much harder material. I have read that the blue lapis is difficult so I thought maybe the purple was sort of in the blue family so that could be why.

I really like that. I have some Truestone I have been holding on to and saving for a special pen....and until I have the courage to turn it. Great job.

btbeam

Started with 150 grit sandpaper to 600 grit sp then went to the MM and wet sanded to 12000grit and then did the acrylic polish to buff it up.

quote=G1Pens;1158141]How did you finish this one?[/quote]

omb76

Great looking pen! You're right, Chilean Lapis is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) of the trustones to turn.

omb76

I have made two pens from Chilean Lapis and they were the most difficult. But that was before I started using my "Woodchuck" (I have CSUSA"s version, the Ci0 Easy Finisher). They say that Arizona Jade is the hardest of the TruStones to turn, even suggesting the use of a metal lathe, but I didn't think it was that bad at all. I used the Woodchuck to turn it. If you don't have one, I highly recommend getting one...great investment, especially if you plan to turn a lot of TruStone.

As far as if Chilean Lapis is harder to turn that Charoite, I'm not sure as I have not turned Charoite. R and B Crafts has it listed as Moderate so I would say Charoite would be easier.

Top Bottom