Charity Auction Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ilikewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikewood

I finally decided to put a picture in for viewing (actually, I finally got around to making a pen after alot of lamps, pepper grinders, etc.)

This pen is for a charity auction for my pastors son. He is 16 and was just diagnosed terminal with cancer.

It is a Statesman in Thuya Burl (from Wayneis) with an 14K gold nib (Penworks). Sorry about the picts, but couldn't get the right lighting outside.

200581215640_P1010027.jpg

200581215656_P1010032.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Bill, I'm trying to pick my jaw up off the floor, and wipe up all the drool. That is BEAUTIFUL! Please be sure to let us know how much it goes for - it is for a great cause, and with a finish and workmanship like that, I'm SURE it will fetch a pretty penny, and be a wonderful donation.

And here I thought you were just a wood pusher! [:D]

Please pass on our sincerest best wishes for a speedy and thorough recovery to your pastor's son.

wayneis

Bill, thats beautiful, nice work. I forgot how nice that wood looks, after seeing this it makes me want to turn some more of it. I think that I will.

I hope that this pen brings in big bucks, hearing about kids going through this just breaks my heart. If there is anything that I can do please don't hesitate to let me know.

Wayne

Dario

Bill,

That is an awesome looking pen. It sure will bring a lot of $$$$$ during the auction.

As much as I admire your pen...I admire you more for your generosity. Hope you generate more than expected for the benefactors.

16 -- with terminal cancer [V]...sigh... can't imagine what the entire family is going through now. I too will say a prayer for him/them.

Darley

Ditto

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Bill,

That is an awesome looking pen. It sure will bring a lot of $$$$$ during the auction.

As much as I admire your pen...I admire you more for your generosity. Hope you generate more than expected for the benefactors.

16 -- with terminal cancer [V]...sigh... can't imagine what the entire family is going through now. I too will say a prayer for him/them.

can't imagine what the entire family is going through now.

Very hard, very hard belive me, Bill hope your stunning pen go for big $$$$

ilikewood

Thanks so much for the compliments. I really appreciate it. The auction is this Saturday, so I am hoping it will generate some big bucks for him.

Shane....CA, sand, and several dips in lacquer. REALLY easy when you get it down and tough as nails.

PenWorks

Great looking pen Bill, nice to see you haven't forgot how to make one [:D]
I hope it brings a pretty penny for your efforts and the Pastors family, good luck.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Beautiful Anthony! When do you start doing wood pens? Or have you mastered mixing acrylic to symulate wood?[:D]
I got the Stylus magazine and just drooled over some of the designs.

Ryan

Bill,

It is good to see you turning some pens again. I know it has been a while. This one sure is a dandy. I love Thuya it smells like you are sharpening a pencil while you turn it. I made a father sing pencil with it and only used FP on it just so I could smell it from time to time[:I].

Best wishes to you and your pastors family.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom