For a Charity Auction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jon-wx5nco

Jon-wx5nco

I made some pens for a fraternal charity auction. The auction is Saturday and I will let you know how I/they did. Some of these blanks are new to me. This is my first MOP, Cedar, and pc board. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

cb-ws3.jpg

cedarsedona.jpg

ElGrandebucks.jpg

MOPNavigator.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Craftdiggity

Nice work. I think I'd have painted the tube on that third one. It looks like it is showing there on the top of the cap, but I like the coloring of the blank you used. It kind of looks like shredded money but I can't really tell.

Jon-wx5nco

Chris,
It bothers me to not paint the tubes in those shredded $$ pens. But, of all the ones I've sold, the customers like (for some unknown reason) the brass showing through. Its something I'm having to learn to look past :). I had one tell me that "it looks like gold under the money".

sefali

Maybe, to them, it looks like a hint of gold showing through all the bills. In any case, the customer gets what the customer wants.

bruce119

I am a little partial to the money blank. Don't know if came from me or Arizona. How do you like the new style money. I do recommend painting the drilled hole and the tube. But hey the customer is always rite.

Jon-wx5nco

We had the auction Saturday and had some exciting results. The Sedona cedar pen went for $70.00. The El Grande $hreded $money pen also went for $70.00. The Navigator MOP was auctioned off later in the day. It only brought in $40.00. I wish it had been auctioned off earlier when everyone still had lots of $$ to spend. All in all, I am extremely pleased with the results of the auction.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Nice Jon! Don't forget, you also got your name out there. Maybe you'll get some calls as a result!

Top Bottom