Charcoal Dymondwood Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from flippedcracker

This is the first pen I sold. I'm still working on my finish, it seems like I can get a good shine on the CA in the shop, but it gets dull the next day. This is the 4th pen I've done with a CA finish, and my 7th pen overall.

Sorry it's a terrible picture, I have other pictures, but they're at home. I'm definitely going to have to get more of the charcoal dymondwood. It changes from black to silver at different angles.

mrcook4570

Looking good. You are very likely sanding through the CA. The shine is highly polished wood, which dulls quickly from oils in the hand. Try applying more coats of CA and the shine will last.

Looking good. You are very likely sanding through the CA. The shine is highly polished wood, which dulls quickly from oils in the hand. Try applying more coats of CA and the shine will last.

I'll have to try more coats. That's kind of what I figured. I don't sand that much once the CA is on. I think I did 10 coats on this one. Then I wet sanded with MM starting at 4000, and going to 12000, and then buffed. It was shiny as could be when I was done, but a little dull in the center in the morning. The ends still have a fair amount of shine to them though.

Top Bottom