Chamomile Celtic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RustySocket

RustySocket

Here's a Celtic themed pen turned from a Chamomile Resin blank I acquired from another member. Turned out spectacular.

I'm really working on my photography skills as well. Help me improve.

Thanks for looking.

Edit: Added a new photo for evaluation

Attachments

• Chamomile Tea Celtic Brass 1.jpg
    Chamomile Tea Celtic Brass 1.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 404
  • Chamomile Tea 3.jpg
    Chamomile Tea 3.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Celtic.jpg
    Celtic.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

The pen is beautiful. Not too enamored with the photos though. In my opinion, the background is a little busy, and the debris is distracting. And personally, I would have shot the pen from slightly higher, so you're looking more down on it.

RustySocket

The pen is beautiful. Not too enamored with the photos though. In my opinion, the background is a little busy, and the debris is distracting. And personally, I would have shot the pen from slightly higher, so you're looking more down on it.

Appreciate the comments, my photography is a work in progress and something I'm learning.

qquake

Appreciate the comments, my photography is a work in progress and something I'm learning.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. Others may prefer your style of photos. I prefer simple photos that show off the pen.

RustySocket

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. Others may prefer your style of photos. I prefer simple photos that show off the pen.

Jim, no problem at all. I'm internet tough. :biggrin:

What I was trying to show to a non-pen person was what was actually cast in the resin and that they were real chamomile buds in the resin. I passed the pen around and people couldn't believe that the chamomile buds were real so I was trying to convey that in the photo.

I have a decent camera, but need to acquire a better tripod and a few lights/ diifusion screens to improve my angles and lighting options. I really never have done much with digital other than snapshots and never put a lot of thought into composition. The consensus across the board amongst people who photograph items with the intention of selling is to limit the props in the scene. Your being honest and essentially saying the same.

I'm also trying to learn editing and looking at different software packages that are affordable. Right now I'm using Picasa, but looking at others

RustySocket

Added a new photo to the original post for opinions. Working on my photography skills.

thanks in advance

SteveAxelrod

That's a great blank/pen kit combination and I like both types of photo as well as the added description. Who says pen photos have to be boring!

Top Bottom