Chameleon powder first cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Had some Chameleon powder "Carribean Blue to Green" left over from painting the El Camino so, I got some Silmar 41 and used it to cast my first blanks. I think this will make a nice kitless soon. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Chuck, I'll bet it looks fantastic under sun light, it's really hard to show some of the pearls and flip flops in a picture, the dumb camera just doesn't see things quite the way our eyes and brains do.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, I'll bet it looks fantastic under sun light, it's really hard to show some of the pearls and flip flops in a picture, the dumb camera just doesn't see things quite the way our eyes and brains do.
Thanks Ken, that's the reason I took these in the sun. But, because the pen is round, the blue is always there. The flip flop comes out better on a flat surface. I still like it.

el_d

Nice work Chuck. I like the color.

Jonathan Better watch out......:wink:

Oh and Chuck, about the Camino, No Pics didnt happen......:biggrin:

Cant wait to see your next kitless creation......

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice work Chuck. I like the color.

Jonathan Better watch out......:wink:

Oh and Chuck, about the Camino, No Pics didnt happen......:biggrin:

Cant wait to see your next kitless creation......
Thanks Lupe! Yeh, I was holding off on posting the EC pictures 'til I get the chrome back on it but, that might be next year:redface: Maybe take some tomorrow. Yeh, a kitless WILL be nice. Stay tuned! :biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Good looking pen Chuck. I told you I could come down to sunny Florida for a few weeks and paint the Camino:biggrin:. Heck I still got to paint the hood on the Jeep. It looks more redneck with primer red!!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good looking pen Chuck. I told you I could come down to sunny Florida for a few weeks and paint the Camino:biggrin:. Heck I still got to paint the hood on the Jeep. It looks more redneck with primer red!!!
Thanks anyway Ernie. I figured a year and a half of trying to get paint on it was long enough and, did it myself.

Very nice pen.
Thanks!
Very cool Chuck. I really like that blue. I'd like to see one of those blanks in person.
Thanks Mike! I have one for you.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
El Camino

Here you go Lupe! :biggrin: It DID happen :tongue::biggrin: Thanks friend!

Attachments

• IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 88

steeler fan1

Hey Chuck,

Pen and EC looking good. I just thought of a whole new sales avenue. Contact some custom paint shops and offer to make pens to match their custom paints. Have them supply some paint from the shoot, cast the blank, turn pen of their choice. No need to thank me, glad to help:biggrin:.

Carl

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I've heard of matching handbags, but matching pens? That's going a bit far!

Looking good Charles (both ute and pen).
Thank you Fred! I did consider painting a pair of shoes to match it :biggrin:
Hey Chuck,

Pen and EC looking good. I just thought of a whole new sales avenue. Contact some custom paint shops and offer to make pens to match their custom paints. Have them supply some paint from the shoot, cast the blank, turn pen of their choice. No need to thank me, glad to help:biggrin:.

Carl
Thanks Carl! And, that IS a great idea :biggrin: I'm glad you thought of it. THANK YOU !

el_d

That looks real good Chuck.

Didn't know you could shoot a coat like that. It's been a long while since I pulled out my pick hammer and dolly. I'd probably get fish eye'if I tried that.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That looks real good Chuck.

Didn't know you could shoot a coat like that. It's been a long while since I pulled out my pick hammer and dolly. I'd probably get fish eye'if I tried that.
Thanks Lupe. Don't worry, it has flaws in it but, we don't want to get into that right now.:redface::biggrin:

Top Bottom