Challenge extended.... Challenge met.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

198022_155304567862950_100001502242963_325607_1634297_n.jpg

When I opened the box from Brooks803 this blank had a hand written note on it to compare it to my glow in the dark FIMO pens. It does glow, and the glow goes pretty deep into the surface. Not quite as bright, but I suspect longer-lasting. The end blew out while on the lathe, and I almost gave up on it. I threw the remnant of the blank down and lost it, and when I looked for it later when I was ready to face the beast again, I couldn't find it. I DID find some deer antler that didn't work out on an earlier pen. Happened to be just barely big enough to work out. Got it saved, and I like it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Never would have thought to use antler, but it adds a nice accent to the pen. Nice work

Edward Cypher

Nice pen I would like to see a pic of it glowing. Did Brooks803 happen to mention what he used to get it to glow. I think Artstuff sells some glow in the dark additives but I thought I read cannot be used with anything using peks.

Drstrangefart

Nice pen I would like to see a pic of it glowing. Did Brooks803 happen to mention what he used to get it to glow. I think Artstuff sells some glow in the dark additives but I thought I read cannot be used with anything using peks.

It was glowing when I tested it, but it was just not registering as even a blob of light on my cell phone's camera. Can't figure out how to turn the flash off on the big camera. I have no clue what he added to make it glow.

Brooks803

lol...it's my special sauce:wink:! I found a good source for glow powders that mix fairly well. It's heavier than regular micas so it wants to sink on you though. Allan, hold it up to a light for about 15secs and then turn out the lights. It should put a bright charge to the pen to where it should show up. I had trouble getting a pic with mine and it can lighten up the room. It's great walking in the shop in the dark after turning this stuff. Makes you think your in a toxic waste dumpsite with peices glowing here and there.:eek:

Lights on:

Lights Off:

Drstrangefart

I think the issue was my cell phone camera. It didn't register at all in spite of the pen glowing full blast. I use a blacklight, which does far more than regular light can. The pen did indeed have a nice glow going on.

Brooks803

Are these blanks for sale? I would be interested in one or two.

I do make them for sale. I can do them in blue, green, and yellow. If I use the glow powder by itself they are very transparant, but if I mix in a bit of matching mica it helps alot. You'd still have to reverse paint the blank though.

MartinPens

I like it! I like the color of it when it's not in lights out mode. The fact that it glows when the lights are out is a fun perk. I bet if you made a bunch of these and sold them in the individual classifieds, they would go well. Nice work

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom