Chair-leg Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

A customer wanted 4 chrome pens made from some old chair parts that had sentimental value for him and his family members. These are the results. Made from a chair leg. Wood appears to be Maple.

IMG_7395_4_6_Detail.jpg IMG_7380_79_1_Detail.jpg IMG_7386_5_7_Detail.jpg

IMG_7389_8_90_Detail.jpg IMG_7383_2_4_Detail.jpg

I provided him 4 color printouts of this with his pens.
ChairPens1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

I Love seeing Significant Wood being used on a project,
Inparticular the using of the Chair Spindle to fill the Tennon Holes,
Your Fit and Finish is beautiful,
I am sure your client was extreemly happy, a nice gesture to provide him with the photographic copies.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Ambidex

I love the start to finish pictures you provided for him! Very nice job and I'm sure they will be very happy with them.:cool:

JD Combs Sr

Looks like white ash to me. Nice pens.
Thanks Joe for looking, I am no expert on wood species especially when it has some age on it so you are probably right about it being White Ash.

I Love seeing Significant Wood being used on a project,
Inparticular the using of the Chair Spindle to fill the Tennon Holes,
Your Fit and Finish is beautiful,
I am sure your client was extreemly happy, a nice gesture to provide him with the photographic copies.
Congratulations,
Brian.
Thanks Brian, yes the cross spindle came in handy. The chair parts the customer gave me consisted of at least 3 species of wood. The leg was probably White Ash, the spindle appears to be Hickory, and another piece(not sure what chair component it was is Oak, so I had lots of choices but I thought the leg with the holes filled with the Hickory spindle made the best statement.

I love the start to finish pictures you provided for him! Very nice job and I'm sure they will be very happy with them.:cool:
Thanks George, when I get a special order such as something with sentimental value I always try to give the customer something extra such as the fabrication sequence to go along with the project. I do this even for such things as furniture repairs.

PapaTim

Nicely done special memory pens. I love that storyboard idea, great way to lock in the sentimental meaning of the wood.

Fishinbo

Like slim lines and yours are definitely good looking and well finished pens. It's a great memento from the treasured old chair. Great work!

Top Bottom