Cetacean Seas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this morning. It's a complimentary blank from Exotic Blanks called Cetacean Seas. It's another one of Dawn's mystical creations in her MultiPearl series. It's on a Rhodium and Black T/N plated Majestic Junior Rollerball.
Blank turned fairly easily. Sanded to 600 grit, followed by MM (wet) from 1200 to 12000 grit and finished with HUT Plastic Polish. I wanted to bring out the various hues, swirls and depth in the blank. The pictures don't really capture the beauty of the blank. I tried. :rolleyes: Thank you so much for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Cetacean Seas on Majestic Jr..jpg
    Cetacean Seas on Majestic Jr..jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Cetacean Seas on Majestic Jr._1.jpg
    Cetacean Seas on Majestic Jr._1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Cetacean Seas on Majestic Jr._2.jpg
    Cetacean Seas on Majestic Jr._2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

That looks Beautiful! Man you have to love those freebies! Out of all my favorite blanks that Dawn makes, that one is at the top of my list. Nice work!

alphageek

Former Moderator
This along with Dawns alchemy and mars blanks are my favorites. The colors and depth are fabulous. Although you are right that a photograph can't catch the depth, yours are very good. The only think weird for me is the color seems off - cant tell from the blank since each is unique but the kit looks gold to me?

bneff

I think that blank is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I ordered one for a pen I was making for myself last year and blew the blank up. I was so upset. It sat on my workbench until a few weeks ago when I put it back on the mandrel and polished it up. I can't use it as pen, but at least I can look at it & sigh. I need to convince SWMBO that I need to place an order so I can have a pen...

Bill

PR_Princess

I think that blank is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I ordered one for a pen I was making for myself last year and blew the blank up. I was so upset. It sat on my workbench until a few weeks ago when I put it back on the mandrel and polished it up. I can't use it as pen, but at least I can look at it & sigh. I need to convince SWMBO that I need to place an order so I can have a pen...

Bill

LOL Bill no need to convince her. PM me your addy. I'm sure that blank just had a manufacturers recall!:wink:

Top Bottom