Celtic Zebrawood Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jtate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtate

I'm still working on this interlocking rings thing. I'm also still doing with with a miter box and the hand saw that came with the miter box.

This one came out pretty even.

The finish is lacquer dipped over CA.

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0606a.jpg

Comments/critiques welcome.

Julia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow Julia, even if you did it with some expensive machine, that is a excellent and accurate knot. Your blank must have been perfectly square to be able to get it as good as you did[:0][:D]

jtate

Thanks everyone. The dark line setting off the rings is just the medium CA glue with a bit of the zebrawood glue mixed into it. The maple wasn't absolutely flat so I needed the gap-filling nature of the medium CA - that and I haven't figured out how to clamp these properly so I just hold them with my hands till they're set. I can't press had enough to have a super-thin seam line.

Julia

Tanner

Beautiful pen!!! I see you are using the bigger bushing for the top of the lower barrel. You may want to check out the .511 bushing that comes in a three piece set from Woodcraft. The normal bushing is .530 for the top of the lower barrel and makes the barrel look too big for the rounded edge twist holder. The .511 bushing will have the barrel meet flush with the twist holders flat edge instead of the rounded top edge. This is all my humble opinion.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom