Celtic Knotwork Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larry in Harrow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Larry not too bad but remember the techniqes I showed you when scribing out the 2nd piece. I really don't want to have to go there and fix any mistakes this time. Take your time and keep the tools sharp. You know where to reach me if you need anymore advice.

Ohhhh man I am having too much fun with this. Sorry Larry.
Hi Rob; Let me get this straight here, are you saying you are the person who taught Larry this technique?

Chief Hill

Hi Rob; Let me get this straight here, are you saying you are the person who taught Larry this technique?

Mack NO WAY.
There is absolutely NO WAY I showed Larry how to do this knot or any of his work.
FYI to all I have a "goofy" sense of humor hence similar with Larry who has also said he has a sense of humor. Unfortunately you can't see a person's sense of humor when typing and sometimes things will be taken out of context in this case. I was only joking as it's my way to goof around about something that I will never be able to do to a pen like Larry who can and will excel at his craft.

(Kind of like a first aider trying to tell a Doctor how to do a brain surgery step by step)
I do not want ANYONE in any way believe that I have shown Larry how to do any of his pen making techniques as he is hitting a realm that has never been seen before.
Just a little history here I live in the same area as Larry and have personally seen his work. In being an "amateur" pen maker when seeing his professional work in person, believe you me the majority will really take a second look at the quality of their work in comparison.
Larry IMHO is a Master craftsman with his work that put him up there with a Norm Abrams type of master carpenter.
I joined this site to learn more about our art, and most of all have fun and make friends.
I did not join to debate, argue, or make enemies. I am a Soldier hence I never stomp on a team member when there down and fool around as team member with everyone I work around.

I come here for relief and my enjoyment. I expect the majority of everyone else does the same here.
My deepest sincere apologies to Larry for raining on his parade here as it may appear that I did in the above message.

Thanks everyone.

Kaspar

Superb!

One of my many "ultimate" goals has been to, somehow, find a way to put the Chi Rho from this illuminated manuscript on to a pen. (Here's the color version though less of the detail is visible.) Probably just a dream, as it is so big and so intricate.

But your work is a step in that direction. Patient and outstanding craftsmanship. Thank you for showing it.

chipd

celtic knot

I have to agree with "Good times". That is gorgeous work! I am just starting to try my hand at this, but I am no where near your level. Is it laser cut or another method you used?

I have to agree with "Good times". That is gorgeous work! I am just starting to try my hand at this, but I am no where near your level. Is it laser cut or another method you used?

No laser involved. Each piece of veneer is hand cut and fussed into a hand cut cavity, then enhanced with a pyrographic tool.
Thanks for the kind words.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

No laser involved. Each piece of veneer is hand cut and fussed into a hand cut cavity, then enhanced with a
pyrographic tool.
You have never told me you have pyrographic tool!:)

76winger

Wow that's awesome. I'm afraid I'd have more cuts on my fingers than in the wood if I were to try inlay work like that. Beautiful work!!!

MatthewZS

Ewww! Those are terrible!! You should send them to me STRAIGHT AWAY so as to prevent any further exposure!

:)

All joking aside those are truly stuning. I've made Celtic NOTs before, but THESE are Celtic KNOTs!!!

Rounder

Now that would just seem to make it plum embarassing to say that I had any talent at all to do anything. One should only bow and admire such QUALITY work. Just absolutely beautiful!!! That is what you call true pen artistry. Enough just can't be said. Have I said enough yet? Did I say how pretty that was? Oh yeah, it's gorgeous too!!! Man, embarassingly good!

Top Bottom