Celtic Knotwork

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gregory Hardy

Gregory Hardy

I have had this one in the pipeline for a while. (I work on it between paying jobs!) The barrels are from a custom blank from Tim McKenzie (@mckenziepenworks), and I think it is my very favorite of his work to date. It's subtle and classy…but the diamond sparkle takes over in natural light. All of the metalwork is nickel silver featuring a Celtic knot at the end of the clip and another on the domed finial. (In this case, both are "triquettas." Most of you would know them as "Trinity Knots.") Featuring a Bock #5 nib and Beaufort converter (from you-know-where), this pen is actually being featured in an exhibit of Modern Celtic Art at the end of the month.

I make a lot of pens for people who "want this or that." It was a joy to work in a style that is part of my own cultural and artistic background for no other reason except, "I want to make this pen." We might be on the "other side of the sea" now, but Celtic art is alive and well in North America.

Attachments

• 1.1 Closed.jpg
    1.1 Closed.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 1.2 Open.jpg
    1.2 Open.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 1.3 Finial.jpg
    1.3 Finial.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 167
I make a lot of pens for people who "want this or that." It was a joy to work in a style that is part of my own cultural and artistic background for no other reason except, "I want to make this pen." We might be on the "other side of the sea" now, but Celtic art is alive and well in North America.

Very nice pen, Gregory. I agree on your last sentence, Celtic art is alive in the U.S. and I think it will be around for a very long time. Again, very nice.

Top Bottom