Celtic Knot IBO & Yellowheart (different)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiferb

Some of you may remember the sword I made for a young man that had a celtic knot on it. ( http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22521&SearchTerms=zelda )

This is the second step of my learning process. It started out as a key chain but I changed my mind and turned it down to slimline after I carved it. No power tools for the carving. It's a little rushed but I think it is pretty good for my first carving on a pen and second carving overall. I needed an upper barrel and thought what better than Irish Bog Oak.

I tried to burn it with a propane torch to make the knot stand out but it didn't work like I had hoped. Working on a couple of ideas for the next.

Thanks for looking and thanks even more for commenting both good and bad.

tic%20Knot%20Irish%20Bog%20Oak%20and%20Yellowheart.jpg

2007427135828_Celtic%20Knot%20Close%20up.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Nice Job on the knot. If you have a woodburning tool, or you want to invest in just a cheap one down at the craft store, it would probably be a good tool to highlight your shadows with. Just an idea.

fiferb

Thanks for the comments. I probably have an hour or two in the carving. I didn't do it all at once but worked from 5 to 20 minutes at a time at it. A woodburning tool is exactly where I was headed next to darken the shadows. I think it will look better. Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom