Celtic Chaos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Did this one for a juried show we're doing this weekend. Got beat out by a bowl turner, but I'm not bitter....lol :D

Any it's a Jr Statesman done in African Blackwood with the Celtic knot made of Paduak, Bloodwood, Yellowheart and Purpleheart...Finish is CA. First time to try this design in multicolors....I like the effect.

Opinions welcomed!

20076334021_JrStatesChaos.jpg

20076334051_JrStatesChaosClose.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clement

Great finish, the combination of blackwood with the inserts give a classy look. I hope to be able make something similar soon.
Sorry that a bowl turner get you beat out,

clem

That's really a beautiful pen. I've been sort of toying with a similar thing, but with two colors rather than four. But, you beat me to the punch, and I'm certainly not trying to steal your thunder, it really looks nice! Good job.

johnnycnc

Excellent idea!That is one of the
best looks I've seen in quite a while.
Nice colors and great execution,as well.
You have a winner,imho,Mike.[8D]

mick

Thanks for the kind comments...I was very pleased with this pen....if it doesn't sell today I'm changing it out to a rollerball and it'll become my personal "dress" pen.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Absolutely first class, Mike. Your precision was spot on and I'm sure that is the first Celtic Cross I've seen with different accents.
The contrasts set it off really nicely.
If anyone could do an tutorial on the cross accurately, you sure could. Very well done, I love it. Black is also my newest favourite colour.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom