Celluloid Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dougle40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougle40

Turned from one of the Celluloid blanks that CSUSA had on sale a while back .
This was my first attempt at using this type of material.
Both pics of the same pen from both sides .

20054151242_Cigar%20and%20cell.%20002-1%20sm.jpg

2005415131_Cigar%20and%20cell.%20003-1%20sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Doug, nice job! I like the celluloid better then the Inlace Acrylester. The celluloid turns much easier. Your pen looks terrific!

PenWorks

Fine looking pen Doug, nice job on your forst try with this stuff.

RT. I find that the Inlace is softer and a touch easier to turn then the celluloid.

wayneis

Thats a good looking pen Doug. Another thing that you may want to try when you are using some of these blanks is painting the brass tubs. With this blank I usually paint the tubes either brown or black, it makes a big difference in the final product. I find that the trick, at least for me is high speed and extra sharp tools whenever I turn any of the non-wood blanks. Oh ah, thats pretty much what I do for all of my blanks. I haven't found anything yet that turns better with a dull tool.

Wayne

dougle40

Thanks for all the responses guys .
Wayne,
I had remembered about that before I glued the tubes in but figured that because the main color of the material was on the brass/gold side , I'd leave it alone to see if it would show through and , in this case , I think that it was an advantage to the tubes their natural color .

nilsatcraft

Good stuff there, Doug. The Cigar Pen is a great sized pen and the celluloids can be a lot of fun. It was a pleasure talking to you the other day as well. On this blank, which celluloid blank is it? It's hard to tell from the picture. Anyway, nice work, Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom