Celebrating Survivors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Hi

Dana and I have been thinking of a way to do something positive to make people feel good. We decided that we would make up 10 or so pens in pink, to give away to Breast Cancer Survivors at our fall craft shows.

IMG_8683.jpg

Dana will set up the display and give them away to any one who strikes up a conversation about the topic, she said it will give her a chance to make others happy. Dana helped me make these pens so it will be a wonderful feeling to look over at her during the craft shows and watch her doing her thing.

If we need to make more, we will.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

My wife is going back east to visit family and one of her cousins has stage 4 lung cancer and they are having a benefit there. I am sending a couple of pens they can auction off to help her. I have never met any of them back there but they are special to loml so they are to me and I thought this is the least I could do for her.

robutacion

Hi

Dana and I have been thinking of a way to do something positive to make people feel good. We decided that we would make up 10 or so pens in pink, to give away to Breast Cancer Survivors at our fall craft shows.

Dana will set up the display and give them away to any one who strikes up a conversation about the topic, she said it will give her a chance to make others happy. Dana helped me make these pens so it will be a wonderful feeling to look over at her during the craft shows and watch her doing her thing.

Hi Jim,

Good'on ya for doing such kind gesture.

The pens look magnificent and what strikes me is the blanks you used, are they you doing or you purchased them...?
I admit, I'm much of an acrylic person but those blanks I have never seen and they are "differently" pleasant...!

Good luck to you and Dana, well done...!

Cheers
George

Hi

Hi Jim,

Good'on ya for doing such kind gesture.

The pens look magnificent and what strikes me is the blanks you used, are they you doing or you purchased them...?
I admit, I'm much of an acrylic person but those blanks I have never seen and they are "differently" pleasant...!

Good luck to you and Dana, well done...!

Cheers
George

Thank you,

The blank is from William Wooodwrite

http://www.penblanks.ca/product.php?productid=5908&cat=96&page=4

I also painted the tubes in these pens silver to kick up the effect

angboy

Wow, how cool! I'd seen the same type of pattern on blanks in red and blue, but never in pink, so first of all I love the blank. And then I love the idea of what you're doing. And then, to learn that Dana is your 13 year old daughter is even more phenomenol! Kids are amazing in their perceptiveness about things- my 6 year old niece has shown amazing insight into the fact that her aunt had breast cancer, and also called me out of the blue the other day to ask how my shoulder was doing and how PT went for me. So even though we may think they don't understand, and even though their undertsanding may not be the same as an adult's, they sure do "get it" a lot of the time. Your daughter sounds like an amazing young lady and even though I'd be able to make my own pen and would suggest that she give the pen to the next survivor who came along, boy would I feel honored if I had a conversation with her at a show and she showed such kindness, insight and maturity!

Top Bottom