Celebrating an Air Conditioner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

These are two made in the last two or three days. An Ancient Mars Majestic and "Worthless Wood" Statesman Jr. I got an air conditioner for the workshop/garage from my family :biggrin:. I made these two when I was "cool":rolleyes:.

Attachments

• Ancient Mars Majestic.jpg
    Ancient Mars Majestic.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Ancient Mars Majestic_1.jpg
    Ancient Mars Majestic_1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 177
  • _Worthless Wood_ Statesman Jr._1.jpg
    _Worthless Wood_ Statesman Jr._1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 193
  • _Worthless Wood_ Statesman Jr..jpg
    _Worthless Wood_ Statesman Jr..jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 137
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

These are two made in the last two or three days. An Ancient Mars Majestic and "Worthless Wood" Statesman Jr. I got an air conditioner for the workshop/garage from my family :biggrin:. I made these two when I was "cool":rolleyes:.

Doc. I guess the A/C is doing a great job in inspiring you. those pens are beautiful. I have a garage that was model home and cam with A/C I think you inspired me to get it checked out and start making some wood dust, huh? BTW, you know this darn heat is too early for us in S. TX God help us with the rest of the summer.
Great Looking pens. I gotta stop by and pay a visit to you when I am in Houston, to see your calligraphy and other collections, I am sure they are as nice as your pens.

seamus7227

Hats off!! Great work on the pens, even better knowing they were made in A/C. I too have been looking for an A/C unit for my garage, however, i almost passed out when i saw how much they are at Wally world $250 for one that cools 400-450sqft. Dadgomit, thats too much for me right now. I thought they were much cheaper than that. Did you actually mount it in your wall or do you just keep it portable?

David Keller

Nice looking pens. A big congrats on your AC... I'm currently without, but I think I've almost worn down SWMBO.

wizard

Seamus, Try to get a unit

Hats off!! Great work on the pens, even better knowing they were made in A/C. I too have been looking for an A/C unit for my garage, however, i almost passed out when i saw how much they are at Wally world $250 for one that cools 400-450sqft. Dadgomit, thats too much for me right now. I thought they were much cheaper than that. Did you actually mount it in your wall or do you just keep it portable?

Seamus, I have a through the wall unit made by Freidrich (sp?) that my family bought and got installed for me on Fathers Day morning. It is 14, 750 BTU's I think. I was getting discouraged about the heat in the garage because it was getting to be 90 to 100 degrees even with a portable Toyotomi system (9000 BTU) that was exhausted through a wall vent that I put in. I keep the garage closed most of the time. The new unit is is 110V since I didn't have a 220 V in the garage. It has a 10.7 SEER (energy efficiency rating) and even on power save mode keeps it at a comfortable 72 degrees. When my family had it installed they had the Conn's installers turn it down to 60 degrees and after 6 hours it was truly frosty by the time they let me in to see it on Father's Day. I was told that it was on sale at Conn's for below $400.
Seamus, make sure if you get one, get a through the wall or window unit. The portables doesn't cut it in Houston where the temperature has already gotten above a 100 degrees. It probably getting a little toasty in Wichita Falls by now? If it is this hot in June, I truly dread what August is going to be like. Let me know if you are ever coming to Houston, I can show you my shop...pens. I have one pic of my shop in Members Album with the portable unit in it... Regards, Doc

wizard

Heat, Visit

Doc. I guess the A/C is doing a great job in inspiring you. those pens are beautiful. I have a garage that was model home and cam with A/C I think you inspired me to get it checked out and start making some wood dust, huh? BTW, you know this darn heat is too early for us in S. TX God help us with the rest of the summer.
Great Looking pens. I gotta stop by and pay a visit to you when I am in Houston, to see your calligraphy and other collections, I am sure they are as nice as your pens.
You are not kidding. If it is this hot in June, I truly dread what August is going to be like. Let me know if you are ever coming to Houston, I can show you my shop...pens. I have two pics of my shop in Members Album. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom