Cedar Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

I had a rush order for this pen today. You know that cost them extra but I always try to ---Get-R-Done.
I call this a 500 year old Cedar burl---it is by far the best Cedar burl I have ever seen and I am just about out of it.
The kit is a Baron from BB---finish is a homebrew with a fine oil buffed in.
Hope you enjoy

2007721195925_betty2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Gary it's hard to get a deep red to show up without the right backgound---plus the plant was handy. I think the pic is a tad out of focus but that's about the best I get out of my camera. It would be nice to have the money for a nice set-up with professional lighting and the right camera.

GaryMGg

Gary
I don't know what's worse -- my camera or my picture taking skills [:p].
It's been suggested to me that shooting outside using a sheet of med. blue paper with the sun over the shoulder (behind the camera) works well. We'll see. That's how I shot my friend Norm's first pen.
Gary

Gary Max

Gary this pen is just sitting on a plant that's on our front porch. You can not beat natural light. You will find that it takes different backgrounds for different woods to show up right. I shot a dozen pics before I came up with this one.

Great Picture, I agree that the background is a little distracting.. I'm somewhat challenged at taking pictures...I have a good camera, just that the camera never sees what I see in my pictures. think in future I'm going to save my work and have my son take the pictures when he's home... he is near professional and has a good eye.

I like the cedar burl... I have a chuck of cedar laying in my back yard from a dead fall that I want to try to cut up... it's a root stump about 6 feet long and around 3 feet dia... I've cut all the trunks off and got some really nice wood... it's been down a few years... was already laying there when I bought the place about 4-1/2 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom