Cebloplast Kitless Fountain Pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Curly

Curly

This is a swap pen I made for Ernie Borraga on another forum. Barrel and cap are cebloplast with the section of black acrylic. Nib is a Schmidt #5, fine point I think. I picked that nib and section because it can be unscrewed and replaced with a Schmidt rollerball tip. I Gave Ernie one along with a cartridge converter and a package of Private Reserve cartridges. As this is my 6th kitless it doesn't have a clip,,,,,,, but #7 will. :wink: Sanded to 400 or 600 grit, 0000 steel wool and then buffed with the Beall system. Capped the pen is approximately 15cm, uncapped 13cm, weight 19 grams with empty converter, and the barrel to cap thread is a 12mm triple start.

Critique is welcomed.
Pete

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P5050311.jpg
    P5050311.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 611
  • P5050314.jpg
    P5050314.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 887
  • P5050318.jpg
    P5050318.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 638
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks like we've been shopping at the same store....maybe?:biggrin: Very nice pen Pete. I think the buffing system works quite well for you. Ernie should be pleased with this one. I would. :biggrin:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Peter; In my ignorance of kitless pens, Why did you use a section of black acrylic at the nib end? Because you could not use ceboplast?

Curly

Hi Peter; In my ignorance of kitless pens, Why did you use a section of black acrylic at the nib end? Because you could not use ceboplast?

I could have gone either way and used the Cebloplast for the section, as it isn't difficult to work, or since I had the black acrylic and wanted to play with it that's what I did. I take it that you might be thinking all Cebloplast would have looked better? I'll do that next time I use it.

Curly

Thanks Mack that's why I asked for critiques. Different eyes see different things I get to learn from. And thanks to the black section supporters too. :)

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
This is by far the nicest pen i've ever had!! You did an oustanding job Curly. I havent had much time to turn, but this pen has pushed me over to the darkside:biggrin:.

IPD_Mr

Man Ernie what did you have to pay Marla to get Pete as a turning partner?

Nice job Pete, too bad it went to someone that is still writing with those big crayons! :eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Curly

hkstrongside said:
Pete, did you make this on a wood or metal lathe? It looks great.

I used my metal lathe because it has a great 4 jaw scroll chuck and the tail stock travel for drilling. The wood lathe was used for shaping to polishing with the Beall wheels. Everything can be done exclusively with a wood lathe as many here have already done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

Curly

IPD_Mr said:
Man Ernie what did you have to pay Marla to get Pete as a turning partner?

Nice job Pete, too bad it went to someone that is still writing with those big crayons! :eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Mike you know that Marla'a ethics can't be challenged and it is the luck of the draw that gets you your partner.

Next time offer MORE MONEY!!! ;)

As long as Ernie writes with lumber crayons it's okay with me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

Top Bottom