Cebloplast Kitless with a Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Haven't had as much time in the shop or on the site. But I did make this over a period of several A.M.'s. It's a orange, blue and black cebloplast fountain pen with a small Heritance nib. This is was my first attempt at a clip :) and my third kitless. The clip and most importantly the instruction came from my Sensei, the Resident Time Bandit.:biggrin:. I didn't want to drill a slit in the cap of the pen so the finial is a screw in where the clip can be removed and replaced if need be. Please pardon the quality and dust on the pictures. I'm in the process of setting up a new light box. I know the nib is disproportionately small when compared to the size and length of the pen. I ordered some nibs from Roy yesterday and gratefully look forward to using some of the 6 mm Bock nibs soon.:biggrin:. Thanks Roy!! Anyway, I think I looks nice for my first clip on a kitless. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Cebloplast Kitless with Clip_1.jpg
    Cebloplast Kitless with Clip_1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 376
  • Cebloplast Kitless with Clip.jpg
    Cebloplast Kitless with Clip.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Cebloplast Kitless with Clip_2.jpg
    Cebloplast Kitless with Clip_2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 321
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

Very nice pen Doc, your Sensei seems to be doing a very fine job of passing along his vast knowledge. Very well done.

bitshird

Very good Grasshopper.
Doc, the pen is beautiful!! I don't know where you guys are finding the Cebloplast, but I sure like seeing what you and Justin are doing with it. Keep up the exquisite work!!

OKLAHOMAN

Doc, your mornings have been well spent. Either Justin is on heck of a teacher or your one heck of a student, I have a feeling it's both of you. Your nibs went out yesterday.

its_virgil

Excellent work, Doc. The section above the clip may be a bit long for my taste, but hey, you made the pen, not me. Personal preference is not debatable. And I agree, it needs the bigger nib. Maybe we can see it again when those Bocks arrive.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

propencity

Beautiful work doc. I couldn't even tell the finial was a separate piece from the cap. You have once again peaked my interest in this kitless pens. Thanks for the inspiration.

hewunch

Doc, it looks wonderful. You are doing some awesome stuff. Do you mind telling me where you got the clip from? Thanks!

PenMan1

Great stuff, Doc! I always enjoy seeing your new efforts. I have 1 stick of Ceboplast left and I am saving it for ME. your post makes me want to go pull out the stick and "pet" it.

Nicely done.

PenPal

Doc,

We mortals come in all shapes and sizes some by choice dress up or down or cleverly disguise themselves with hair, without hair, makeup, colour etc.

Now here is your pen, dressed and undressed, all is revealed and us mere mortals with all our inhibitions and predudices are invited by you to view this Slim Pen in a land of Big is Best.

No jewelry (horror) you mean its really a functional Pen. Small Nib (really).
Down to proportion or Ostentation. Give me proportion every time kiss excess Jewelry goodbye
as you have, keep the right sized nib. Be proud.

One showing this one of yours convinced me of what pens are all about, usefullness, heck take a punt and write to someone.

Colour is Daring, mechanically innovative love the clip method.

Like the stars of the universe when they come together rarely so does your pen come together. Simply beautiful.

Good onya mate as we would say.

Kind regards Peter.

Timebandit

Well done Grasshopper!!! Well done!!!!

The seam and notch for the clip looks flawless!! Im really happy for you Doc!! Im very glad to be a part of it, and you know my shop is always open.

wizard

Pretty. What is Cebloplast? Sounds like a cross between a young men's organization and a medical procedure.

Mark..LOL !!!! Neither organization nor medical procedure to best of my knowledge... Cebloplast is cellulose acetate. It is one of the first plastics or polymers used in pen making. It's a fairly rare material now. It was manufactured by a company called Mazzucchelli in Italy. Doc

drgoretex

WOW!! Doc, that came out absolutely beautiful! The material is gorgeous, the turning job and threads are beautiful, the clips suits nicely, all round beautiful pen!

Ken

wizard

WOW!! Doc, that came out absolutely beautiful! The material is gorgeous, the turning job and threads are beautiful, the clips suits nicely, all round beautiful pen!

Ken

Ken, Thank you for the kind words!! Especially from someone as talented as you! Doc:)

Top Bottom