Cebloplast - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Show Off Your Pens!
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Show Off Your Pens! Let's see your best work!

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 75

Cody,

What kit is the upper pen, please ? . It seems to have a very substantial clip ... I just noticed the clip and I find it very attractive.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpens View Post
Cody,

What kit is the upper pen, please ? . It seems to have a very substantial clip ... I just noticed the clip and I find it very attractive.
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKSPENGM.html
Cwalker935 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-14-2019, 08:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 104

I too love working with this material. They make some nice pens. I too wish more of it was available. There are some cool colors out there. Never really had a heat problem with drilling or turning but again I do things a little slower. Just never in a rush. Thanks for showing.

My Photo Album
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2019, 09:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 498

Beautiful pen Cody. Great entry.

The IAP Collection is a permanent collection of pens
that has been established from the
IAP Membership explicitly for the purpose of
public display, preservation and inspiration.
mark james is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-15-2019, 02:38 AM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 88

Glorious Pens Cody,
Amazing Cebloplast Blanks, Stunning Colours,
Beautifully Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Love your Choice of Hardware, I have not seen Curvado Twist Pen before, and with the Knights Armour, Both look Terrific with this Spectacular Blank.
Thank you for Posting,
Splendid Pens Cody.

With your indulgence, I would like to deviate slightly, and empathize with Steve, with his Anguish and Anger, of having lost such Fantastic Material to Some Opportunistic Grub.
There are no words that could cover the emotional impact of such a deed.
I am confident that I am expressing the Thoughts and Feelings of many of our Members, to Steve.
Brian.

Last edited by OZturner; 03-15-2019 at 02:40 AM.
OZturner is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-15-2019, 07:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I'd have to disagree with the use of Pam on anything that moves around such as a lathe. A better substitute, in my opinion and expect, would be a lightweight oil such as 3-in-1.
I've worked in several kitchens in my short life. I had a cook in the last kitchen lubricate a meat slicer with Pam. It worked great for a few minutes and then seized up rock solid. Of course the story I got was "I dunno what happened." I took it to a repair place. A few days later they call and ask stop by. When I get there, they showed me what happened. And of course the bill to remove and clean out all the cooking spray lubricant.

Cebloplast is great stuff to work with. I love it but as mentioned, it's not easy to come by at all.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinSC View Post
I'd have to disagree with the use of Pam on anything that moves around such as a lathe. A better substitute, in my opinion and expect, would be a lightweight oil such as 3-in-1.
I've worked in several kitchens in my short life. I had a cook in the last kitchen lubricate a meat slicer with Pam. It worked great for a few minutes and then seized up rock solid. Of course the story I got was "I dunno what happened." I took it to a repair place. A few days later they call and ask stop by. When I get there, they showed me what happened. And of course the bill to remove and clean out all the cooking spray lubricant.

Cebloplast is great stuff to work with. I love it but as mentioned, it's not easy to come by at all.
Mike, perhaps if you understood how I employed the Pam, there may be less objection. I had a piece of firm cardboard that I would lay across the lathe bed to collect any overspray. Never needed to clean up at all, except to wipe down the drill bit, and of course clean out the drilled blank. I never got any overspray on the head nor tailstock. Compared to someone actually using the Pam as a machine lubricant...that is a far different case. I probably drilled over 100 Ceblo and other heat-sensitive blanks using the Pam, with zero negative effect on my lathe.

Everyone can decide for themselves their preferred method, but this one worked for me, over and over.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Photos: 1

A beautiful material to say the least.

I'll weigh in on the lubrication. I have used the cooking sprays and even better for me is cooking oil applied with a brush or a small spray bottle if you prefer. Soapy water works too as long as you can keep the water off things you don't wan't to rust.

I don't use petroleum based oils or solvents of any kind because they attack plastics as do ammonia cleaners. They make acrylics craze (a lot of surface cracks) and yellow. I won't take the chance of future damage to the rare vintage plastics from using the non vegetable oils on them. You could look to the machining industry for lubricants and coolants specifically for plastics if you don't want to use a soap or vegetable oil.
Curly is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads