See more from woodmarc

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmarc

My First. :D:D

Special thanks to Fangar.

Gold TI baron Dressed in Ipe'

200671423516_HPIM0686A.jpg

This was my most challenging Pen to date. I wanted a pen with a wider base, but a catch with the skew, and an un seen flaw took a huge chunk out of the botton [:0] But I survived, and this was the result. The spouse doesn't like the finial.

Again, A big thanks to Fangar. [8D] I owe you one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice job on the baron. There are no catches, just design changes[:D][:D]

The finial is not to my taste either, but we can't argue taste...it's a personal thing. The closed end feature is something that I do like and you did what looks like a nice job with it. It's your pen and if you like it then that's all that matters. Now, go make another one.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by woodmarc
<br />My First. [:D][:D]

200671423516_HPIM0686A.jpg
<br />

This was my most challenging Pen to date. I wanted a pen with a wider base, but a catch with the skew, and an un seen flaw took a huge chunk out of the botton [:0] But I survived, and this was the result. The spouse doesn't like the finial.

BigRob777

Mark,
Pretty nice looking pen. I have a lot of ipe and can't seem to sell it. If it looks like this, it should be doing better. Maybe it just likes my shop. Keep it up. I haven't tried either my pin chuck, or done a baron yet.
Rob

Fangar

Originally posted by woodmarc
<br />My First. [:D][:D]

Thanks Marc. It looks great. I think the finial is a nice change. The overall shape of the pen is nice too. Glad the chuck worked out well for you!

Fangar

Jerryconn

Very nice looking pen. I really like the closed end style and the baron, I like making my CEs that flare out on the end kinda like a trumpet, they will even stand up although not stable at all.[;)]

woodmarc

Thanks for the kind words. It appears that the finial is 50/50. Better than I thought. I had hoped that maybe I could use the finial to operate my PDA, Alas, it is the wrong shape.

Jerry: That was the shape I was after. more along the lines of what has been posted here before. I think that that is an outstanding shape for a CE.

the Ipe was left over from another project, and I was able to make a blank long enough for the Closed end pen. Where do you find a blank long enough, commercially, for closed end? I would love to do more, but with out casting my own resin, or felling a tree, [}:)]..... any suggestions or sources for 6 to 6 1/2" blanks?

Again, thanks for the comments, they are encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom