Cavit Vineyard Cork

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Now this is a twist. I made the bottom out of cork. The bottom seemed to out weigh and out size the top. Traditionally the top is shorter but fatter than the bottom. Despite the size difference, the pen feels great when writing. It seems to be well balanced and fits well in to a hand, even my wife's small hands. Manzanite burl top. Ebony tip.
Pens - 3-10-11 Cavit Cork Manzanita Burl top 1.jpg

Pens - 3-10-11 Cavit Cork Manzanita Burl top 2.jpg

Pens - 3-10-11 Cavit Cork Manzanita Burl top 3.jpg

What do you think, tear it apart and start over, or price it at $45.00 and sell it.?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

I really like the way you are exploring new design features for your wine cork pens. I actually like the cork on the bottom. You can see the whole thing.

When you hollow out the cork is it possible to preserve the design on the surface and go thinner? That might enable you to put them on a little higher end kit than the cigar kit.

Also, have you thought about making the top from cork, the bottom from some green acrylic (like a wine bottle) and putting a decal of the actual wine label on it, reduced in size of course.

Jgrden

I really like the way you are exploring new design features for your wine cork pens. I actually like the cork on the bottom. You can see the whole thing.

When you hollow out the cork is it possible to preserve the design on the surface and go thinner? That might enable you to put them on a little higher end kit than the cigar kit.

Also, have you thought about making the top from cork, the bottom from some green acrylic (like a wine bottle) and putting a decal of the actual wine label on it, reduced in size of course.
Fantastic ideas. Thank you. We are headed to Woodcraft tomorrow because of you.

Top Bottom