Caution~Chartreuse on the Loose!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from creativewriting

I have taken the plunge into tournament softball. having played baseball most of life I was surprised to see the softball has gone Chartreuse:eek: (butt ugly yellow). One of my teammates and I started talking about my baseball pen I keep on me and he asked if I could make a softball pen. Other then the color there is no difference from my baseball pens so I went to work. He is also the regional sales rep. for Bass softball equipment so I wanted to include his logo on the pen. Here it is! The color throws me for a loop, but serious softballers love it...go figure!

Attachments

• Misc. Pictures-1.jpg
    Misc. Pictures-1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 315
  • Misc. Pictures 035-2.jpg
    Misc. Pictures 035-2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

I've played softball and baseball most of my life until a few years back when I became disabled. Those are fantastic! You do excellent work with that clay!

Love your Work........hate the color looks like a rotten banana!

Had to laugh at the rotten banana comment. Don't worry...i'm not a big fan of the color either. I think we should go back to white!

Last edited:
Sweet looking pen. Is that made from the real thing, or is it made from PC?
PC. You wouldn't believe how many people I have fooled with the baseball pens! One of my buddies still swears the pen I gave him is leather even after I showed him how I make them.

Grizz

Banned
Sweet looking pen. Is that made from the real thing, or is it made from PC?
PC. You wouldn't believe how many people I have fooled with the baseball pens! One of my buddies still swears the pen I gave him is leather even after I showed him how I make them.

Okay.... how do you make them. Because I want to know.... and I think it is real.

juteck

Keith - this looks great, and I'm sure will open up a new product line for you. My daughter has been playing pastpitch for almost 6 years now, and I know she would love one, probably even her coach would.

From the picture on my monitor, the yellow does look like a well ripened banana. The fastpitch balls are a little brighter, more chartreuse as you said. Knowing my monitor is off color a bit, is this pretty close to the softball/fastpitch ball color?

bigstockphoto_fastpitch_-nothing_soft_about__29884.s600x600.jpg

Thanks John! I have to work on the color mix a little. It is pretty close, but as you said it is not exact. Different brands of polymer react differently when baked. Before this was baked it was on the money so I knew it was going to dull a little. Now the trick is mixing the right combination to have the perfect color after it is baked.

juteck

Keith --when you get the colors down, let me know -- I need to talk to you about the top for a cigar pen, and the body for an Elegant Beauty (instead of the Elegant Sierra, assuming there's enough meat on that pen style to make one).

Keep the great ideas coming -- your football, baseball, faux leather, etc. -- all of them make very unique pens!!

John,

The elegant sierra should be fine. Out of all the kits I work with the Navigator/Baron/Sedona have the least amount of meat and they take the design well. I tried one on a slim and it was pushing it....not a good idea! I have made a couple elegants in footballs so I think the baseball/softball would work perfectly.

K

jnelson

No you just need to include a few "flat" spots and scuff marks to make it look like it came from a used softball.

it looks great.

Keith it looks like mustard!!
Where's the hotdogs? Thanks T! Hopefully I will have sometime so we can catch up!

No you just need to include a few "flat" spots and scuff marks to make it look like it came from a used softball.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the blank is distressed a little. Maybe I will roll it around in the dirt a little the next tournament.

Top Bottom