The Cat and The Rat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
James ( GreenEyedBlackCat ) and I are doing a pen swap. This is what I came up with. He asked for a FP for his better half and I hope she likes it. If not, she can send it back, cos I am very pleased with it:biggrin: If James behaves himself then I might include a token one for him too:biggrin:
I'm not too sure what kind of lethal weapon James will be making for me but I hope it doesn't raise too many eyebrows as it passes through customs:eek::biggrin: I'm really looking forward to seeing what weird and wonderful design James comes up with.

This pen is made with Emerald Green PR from the Princess ( of course:wink: ) and the shiney stuff is stainless steel. I cheated and used a stock Plat clip, but I think it suits it better than the one I planned to make. I used a Schmidt FP Window pump from Rich Klienhans from PMG. To keep it a light as possible, I didn't use tubes and the stainless parts are very thin. The sleeve on the front section is less than 0.5mm thick. :rolleyes:

This will go out in the post tomorrow.
All comments welcome:biggrin:

Attachments

• ClosedCat.jpg
    ClosedCat.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 544
  • OpenCat.jpg
    OpenCat.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 563

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Awesome work! Does that section fit on any "stock" kits?

Not really sure what you are asking, but here are pics of the piston. The rest of the parts need to be made.

Attachments

• schmidt9.jpg
    schmidt9.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 275
  • parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 288
  • parts2.jpg
    parts2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 258

hewunch

OK, so that is all one unit. I was thinking it might be something like what Lou sells and might fit a kit like a Gent or something. Gotcha now, I think :rolleyes:

altaciii

Skip, you never cease to amaze. Even your simple pen designs are full of true class. If she doesn't like it, send it to me, I will give it a place of honor in my own collection.

cnirenberg

That's a cool pen for the Cats 'meow'. I would keep an eye on my mailbox if I was you. Awesome craftsmanship, and a beautiful looking pen.

That's a cool pen for the Cats 'meow'. I would keep an eye on my mailbox if I was you. Awesome craftsmanship, and a beautiful looking pen.

The little misses is extremely happy with the pen :tongue:, she is off work and plans to sit on the mailbox like a mother hen until her little pen hatches. Nacho the crazed killer dog will be accompanying her. We will have a chopper in the air following the truck from the entry point into the US :usflag:. Any attempt to intercept the shipment will result in somebody having a really bad day :beat-up:. If all else fails I will recruit Junior the Greeneyed psycho cat to deal with the perpetrators.:biggrin:

Rollerbob

The little misses is extremely happy with the pen :tongue:, she is off work and plans to sit on the mailbox like a mother hen until her little pen hatches. Nacho the crazed killer dog will be accompanying her. We will have a chopper in the air following the truck from the entry point into the US :usflag:. Any attempt to intercept the shipment will result in somebody having a really bad day :beat-up:. If all else fails I will recruit Junior the Greeneyed psycho cat to deal with the perpetrators.:biggrin:
So uh, what are you trying to say?:biggrin: What everybodyelse has said +10, Skip. Thank God there is a little land mass between you two, otherwise us minions would have to cease all operations!!!

Very classy. Simple and uncluttered, great lines and match of materials.

Thanks for the pics of the pieces. It lets "wanna be" people like me start to think there is a chance.

RAdams

Banned
Amazing work! Gives me aspirations of one day being a great pen maker instead of a decent pen turner!

Top Bottom