A Castle, Moat and All

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I had a great idea for a pen. This is what became of it. It has been a great learning experience-thats for sure. I wanted a Castle and wanted the water to ripple against the walls. I had alot of other ideas but this is the finished product. It is Blue Mahoe bricks with Green dyed curly maple mortar. The acrylics are all I have poured. I built the base also. Comments and Critiques are always welcome and thanks for looking.
castlepen1.jpg

castlepen11.jpg

cstlepen1.jpg

cstlepen111.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carpblaster

when you told me your dream stand, you went beyond the sky,mine was just wood stand to hold the tip and all in ,cant wait to seee it may walk off with it,fantastic job as always
Rodney

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yowzer!!!! :eek: ( does anyone really say that any more ??:rolleyes: )

That is very cool !!! But why isn't this going into the BoIAP 2012 contest???

firewhatfire

I was fully intending on entering into the contest. It does not look like I want it too. Plus I see flaws. I have a new idea brewing.

The blue and copper was supposed to have a different look. Hopefully it can be executed.

Yowzer!!!! :eek: ( does anyone really say that any more ??:rolleyes: )

That is very cool !!! But why isn't this going into the BoIAP 2012 contest???

Wright

That is very creative Phil, that is what I love about this hobby is that you can create anything imaginable that will work on a pen!!

firewhatfire

thanks for the comments, creative my mind is. Execution from time to time happens. Sometimes my wife thinks its my mind that should be executed.:bulgy-eyes:.

plantman

Work of art

:eek::eek: Phil: This is beyond just a pen. It is a true work of art!! This is the $1000 pen, and should be in an art gallery. This would make a very interesting tutorial as to how you go about putting this together. Keep up the amazing work. Jim S

KDM

I'm interested in how you got your brickwork effect. Here is what I spent my morning on:

How'd you do yours? Any tips for me? (Apart from "sack the bricklayer.")

edstreet

Honestly I am not sure I like this one or not, I am truly torn. One hand I see the base pen alone is on the heavy side by itself with out adding other things on to it. I will say that it is indeed cleaver and a good theme pen. I am curious what the weight is on this one?

firewhatfire

I don't have a scale so can't weigh it. The cap has all the weight in it and since it is non post able it is not an issue. The base keeps it lined up straight while sitting on a desk. It wa not intended as a toting pen

Honestly I am not sure I like this one or not, I am truly torn. One hand I see the base pen alone is on the heavy side by itself with out adding other things on to it. I will say that it is indeed cleaver and a good theme pen. I am curious what the weight is on this one?

Top Bottom