Cast and turned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from terryf

terryf

So I got my batch of Sierra's in the other day and having tried my hand at casting thought I'd give it a spin. Red and black swirl with a tinge of green here and there.

Came out very nicely although my photography leaves a lot to be desired.

For those that understand, I shot this at ISO800, F1.8 at 1/40th due to low light and because I was in a bit of a rush.

Big thanks to all here at IAP. :drink:

Attachments

• sierra.jpg
    sierra.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 332
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Looks really good!

Love your avatar, how do you get an 'active' avatar?

terryf

Looks really good!

Love your avatar, how do you get an 'active' avatar?

Thanks for the comment - just upload a gif file of your choice :cool:

You know, this one reminds me of the old craft style where you put oil based paint/ink in a bowl of water then dip the paper in to grab it.

I like.

Thanks for the kind words - never heard of the craft you're making reference to though :redface:

Russianwolf

You know, this one reminds me of the old craft style where you put oil based paint/ink in a bowl of water then dip the paper in to grab it.

I like.

Thanks for the kind words - never heard of the craft you're making reference to though :redface:
Funny, I can't find anything on it now. But basically, the ink/paint floats on the surface of the water and you swirl it around a bit. When you dip the paper in, the ink/paint clings to it and you get much the effect you have in your pen. It was one of those things that my mother used to do with us since it didn't cost a bunch of money and was fun.

terryf

Looks pretty good Terry.

Thanks Jeff :)

Funny, I can't find anything on it now. But basically, the ink/paint floats on the surface of the water and you swirl it around a bit. When you dip the paper in, the ink/paint clings to it and you get much the effect you have in your pen. It was one of those things that my mother used to do with us since it didn't cost a bunch of money and was fun.

Thanks for the info :)

Top Bottom