Cast Colored Pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from budnder

budnder

It's a pretty dark pen - not as much color pop from the colored pencils as I had hoped.

Casting and build comments are over in the casting forum.

Attachments

• coloredPencils-9224.jpg
    coloredPencils-9224.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 333
  • coloredPencils-9222.jpg
    coloredPencils-9222.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 282
  • coloredPencils-9221.jpg
    coloredPencils-9221.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 448
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

budnder

Thanks all for the kind words.

The brand of colored pencils obviously make a big impact. I was a little disappointed that the outer color on the pencils was so thin that it didn't really show through in the pen - it just looks white. If you look closely, you can even see that there must be some sort of white undercoat on the pencils as it shows a bit when they are sharpened. The hex shape on these was also pretty soft, and the pencils didn't really want to stack together as tight as I would have liked. They were definitely packed tight and compressed together as I had them clamped... if you look at the shapes in the pen it's weird how they arranged themselves.

I'm kinda of the mind that pattern wise, something should either be dead on, or chaos. Since these didn't want to organize themselves to something dead on, I think maybe I'll try a chaos one where I just cast them randomly in a tube. And maybe even paint them first to try and get a little more color in their turned outline. Stay with black fill, and maybe use a satin/matte finish kit if I can find one.

Top Bottom