Cast Bottle Caps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I have been busy learning some of this blank building and casting. It doesn't hurt that I have a show coming up, new items on the table sometimes help. These have definitely been a learning experience. Comments and Critiques are always welcome and thanks for looking.
bottlecap007.jpg

bottlecap005.jpg

bottlecap003.jpg

bottlecap004.jpg

bottlecap001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:bananen_smilies046:phil, Great job on the pens. What is the silver underlayment ? The beauty is in the detail, and the more you look, the more you see !! THanks for the info. Jim S

Last edited:

Jjartwood

Puts me in the mind of advertising on the side of a steel building,LOVE EM'
Great balance of view,nothing stands out but anything less would be missed
very creative.
Mark

ve3bax

i like it!

this has been floating around in my head for a while now... im a self admitted beer geek and i have a huge collection of crowns waiting for a similar treatment... it started as one of those "hey thats a neat looking one, that would be cool in a pen..." if i keep it up i could probably cover a hightop or a bartop with them :D

a tip for anyone who wants to keep some pry off crowns and not crease them with the opener... put a quarter on top of the crown then gently pry... you may have to do it in a few places, but the top of the crown will remain perfectly flat :cool:

--Dave

wood-of-1kind

a tip for anyone who wants to keep some pry off crowns and not crease them with the opener... put a quarter on top of the crown then gently pry... you may have to do it in a few places, but the top of the crown will remain perfectly flat :cool:

--Dave

Great tip Dave and very nice execution of your pens. I like them but would enjoy them more if say you do a Labatt's Blue or Molson Canadian. Go Canada Go!!!!:wink:

ALexG

I believe they are great, I was wondering, did anyone of you had any issues while selling one of these pens branding others products, I mean in terms of copyright? I always been reluctant of doing something like this afraid of having problems

ve3bax

Great tip Dave and very nice execution of your pens. I like them but would enjoy them more if say you do a Labatt's Blue or Molson Canadian. Go Canada Go!!!!:wink:

i'm not the OP.. ;) ive just been building a stockpile of caps and thought id pass along a tip... and being a fellow Canuck, i will agree with Go Canada Go ;)

panamag8or

I believe they are great, I was wondering, did anyone of you had any issues while selling one of these pens branding others products, I mean in terms of copyright? I always been reluctant of doing something like this afraid of having problems

People sell those airplanes and hats made out of cans, and don't seem to have problems.

panamag8or

I tried snips, the belt sander works better.

I have a bag full of unused Coke caps out in the garage. I could paint the tube red... hmm, gotta go find my tin snips.

Better yet paint the tubes coke bottle green

Snips+file looks like it will do the trick. It'll have to, as I have no working belt sander.:redface: I already have one cut and bent, just waiting on some mesa tubes in the mail tomorrow.
Thinking of tinting the resin coke bottle green.

Last edited:
Top Bottom