Cast #7. Lord, I miss chrome tubes already...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

303283_220254908034582_100001502242963_589333_955630738_n.jpg

301453_220254964701243_100001502242963_589334_1190604302_n.jpg

I didn't expect this one to be THIS translucent. I really miss the chrome tubes I had. Shoulda reverse painted. My next casting is probably gonna be all Macropearl, and I think I'll reverse paint it red or purple. Maybe blue. I dunno. I will say where the tube DOES come through, it's not as ugly as it usually is when that happens. ALMOST looks intentional.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Allen:
You are standing right there on the "edge", brother! Your casting has advance very quickly, and I LIKE the fact that you are willing to post those things that didn't turn out exactly as you expected.

I've been watching your progress for the past year (by the way, happy 1st Anniversary to the addiction) and your improvements (especially given your limited budget constrictions) are AMAZING! NEVER be afraid to color outside the lines! In my experience, what people want and are willing to pay for is something TOTALLY different that what they see everybody else doing!

If you have any of this blank left, I'd like to buy some of it! An Imeron(sp) paint rep gave me some "flip flop" purple/Chartreuse paint that I think would look radical behind these trasluecent colors!

Drstrangefart

Allen:
You are standing right there on the "edge", brother! Your casting has advance very quickly, and I LIKE the fact that you are willing to post those things that didn't turn out exactly as you expected.

I've been watching your progress for the past year (by the way, happy 1st Anniversary to the addiction) and your improvements (especially given your limited budget constrictions) are AMAZING! NEVER be afraid to color outside the lines! In my experience, what people want and are willing to pay for is something TOTALLY different that what they see everybody else doing!

If you have any of this blank left, I'd like to buy some of it! An Imeron(sp) paint rep gave me some "flip flop" purple/Chartreuse paint that I think would look radical behind these trasluecent colors!

It was a pretty simple cast using Silver and Macropearl colors from Pearlex. I just did a horizontal cast in an aluminum foil mold, poured the colors simultaneously and moved the pouring around enough to distribute evenly and dragged through it with a bent coat hanger 4 or 5 times. Added heat by putting it in a box with a hair dryer and it was done. I'll try to cast a new one. I'm making these blanks one at a time, as I'm working off of 16 ounce cans of Castin' Craft. I'll give you a heads up as soon as I do. Thanks for noticing the one year mark, I'm hitting the one year mark of my own workshop being up and running on Oct 2nd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom