"Casing" Pen Contest Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

:biggrin:This is my "Casing" Pen Contest Entry.
I was a little unsure of my submission pen for this year's contest for lack of new ideas until this one came to mind! This pen signifies a few things for me:

First, our Rifle shell pens always seem to cater to the men on here, so I thought it was time to offer up something to the ladies! Several things do that, starting with the upper barrel of the Princess pen kit and its sexy bling that it has to offer. However, I stretched this barrel a little longer to accommodate the flag and quarter design and to balance the pen better.
Second, I'm all about breast cancer awareness and thought the Pink Texas Flag could represent that along with the Swarovski crystals that adorne the centerband and clip. In my mind, I envision the 280 rifle shell representing strength and power and the flag/quarter to signify unity among all who have been directly affected by it.

I soldered the lower barrel of the Princess pen kit in to the rifle shell once drilling was complete. Pressed in the center coupler and made the necessary adjustments for the retraction of the ink refill.

I truly hope this can be an inspiration to all.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

That is a very cool pen. I really like the theme. Plus, that's the 1st time I've seen the princess components look good. Normally, it's way too much bling for my taste, but I think it's perfect.

seamus7227

thanks! I highly encourage everyone to enter into the contest, if nothing else, to get a shot at winning a $100 gift certificate to Craft Supplies!

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

seamus7227

That is a very cool pen. I really like the theme. Plus, that's the 1st time I've seen the princess components look good. Normally, it's way too much bling for my taste, but I think it's perfect.

I think by stretching the upper barrel by a 1/2" really helped alot! But it also allowed more room for the quarter and flag design and pulled the clip away from the CB. Makes things more proportional.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
A tutorial would be interesting. I have never made that kit, but it does look fantastic on the nickel casing.

As for the blurriness, we had to blow it up a little to fit the page correctly.

Top Bottom