126741298.jpg

126741300.jpg

Still working on my photo skills.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Doin good on photo and turning, Marc!!!

Personally, I like the red background better, but I have never been known to be subtle!!

bitshird

I like the Imperials dressed in Casein I wish my pics were as good, the pen looks good, I like the Blk TI with the Casein though, I have to turn a roller ball and finish up a set of Imperials, I hate to see these big kits go.

PenMan1

I will change it. Check it out...might be edited to correct. Thanks.

I'm sure it is an Imperial. Those were my favorite and among my best sellers! Now they are gone away:crying:. I need about 5 -10 more of them to complete an order and I just bought the last ones from CUSA.

jttheclockman

The pen is excellent fit and finish wise. The photos are about the best I have seen here. They are so clear and well focused. Thanks for showing. We all could learn from you how to take great photos.

PaulDoug

Very nice. How did you like turning the casein? I just turned a casein Jr.Gent I for my nephew's guest book pen. It is nice to turn but was slow drilling. I'm going to try to get the one I'm doing engraved, but I don't know, time is running out.

beck3906

Really like your pens. Is the casein available from a supplier? I would like to try some after seeing yours and others pens made from this material.

Tanner

I just ordered casein from Ed. I hope I can do as nice a job as you did. That red background makes that white pen just pop! Beautiful job!

Paladin

Thanks...

The pen is excellent fit and finish wise. The photos are about the best I have seen here. They are so clear and well focused. Thanks for showing. We all could learn from you how to take great photos.

for the kind words. This was a bit of a challenge. The pen has been done for some time, but the cap section was cracked. I showed a friend of mine the pen, he say the crack and said "why don't you move the clip so it hides the crack?" and I told him that, if I did that, it would show the other (bigger) crack that the clip is hiding now.

So, I got another stick of casein from exoticblanks.com...a set of transfer punches at Harbor Freight, and took the cap apart, and turned a new blank, re-assembled, and voila!

As for the pics, I hope my wife does not read this, because I am lobbying hard for a new camera.

Paladin

Thanks...

Very nice. How did you like turning the casein? I just turned a casein Jr.Gent I for my nephew's guest book pen. It is nice to turn but was slow drilling. I'm going to try to get the one I'm doing engraved, but I don't know, time is running out.

I think my cracking problem was from the drilling. Now, I drill very slowly, and use three different size bits to sneak up on the final size. The drill bits required for these kits are huge!

Overall, I love the casein blank. It is so elegant looking and different. I have not sold one, but it sure gets the most attention.

I purchased the casein blanks (as well as the rest of my blanks, too) from Ed at exoticblanks.com. Excellent resource, highly recommended.

Last edited:

Paladin

Yes!!!

Really like your pens. Is the casein available from a supplier? I would like to try some after seeing yours and others pens made from this material.

I purchased the casein blanks (as well as the rest of my blanks, too) from Ed at exoticblanks.com. Excellent resource, highly recommended.

They are not allways in stock, but the website has an automated system that will email you when the stuff you want is in stock.

bitshird

I think by cracking problem was from the drilling. Now, I drill very slowly, and use three different size bits to sneak up on the final size. The drill bits required for these kits are huge!

Overall, I love the casein blank. It is so elegant looking and different. I have not sold one, but it sure gets the most attention.

I know all about cracking a Casein blank, that's why I have'.t delivered the set I started, It was the first blank I've cracked in over two years (other than some antler) I just got stupid and fed the drill too fast. Casein does turn nicely though. At the price it doesn't pay to get stupid, and I know stupid when I do it, fortunately it's for an understanding customer, some aren't very sympathetic.

Top Bottom