mil_1.jpg
mil_2.jpg
mil_3.jpg

USMC...................USMC...................GO ARMY

mil_4.jpg
mil_5.jpg
mil_6.jpg

SEMPER FI..............POW - MIA............ARMY

I think the pens would have a better look if the top was shortened to bring the end of the clip just above the top of the cartridge.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terwin

Are those real casings??? I have seen people make them out of real casings but I cant figure out how its done.

They are great looking pens!!!!

Sylvanite

The decals look good Larry. I think you're right about shortening the upper barrel. The acrylic top overpowers the logos a bit. Taking off around 1/8" or 3/16" might help.

... where do you find the 7.62 blanks to work with?
These pens look like 30-06 Spg (not 7.62x51mm NATO) caliber to me. If you want the shorter shellcase and aren't picky about the headstamp, 308 Win brass is readily available. NATO headstamp brass is a little tougher to find new. Once fired cases can be purchased - but usually in bulk. 308 bullets are easy to find. Check out www.midwayusa.com.

I have seen people make them out of real casings but I cant figure out how its done.
Look at the IAP library articles. There are a couple that describe ways to make pens out of rifle shellcases. You can also get premade rifle cartridge kits, where all you have to do is turn the upper barrel. A few members sell them, myself included.

Regards,
Eric

ribanett

I'd like to know where you got the decals from?? I'm new at this stuff I would like to try that for my fellow Sergeants Major's. Those are some very nice pens!!!

Gary

Gary,

I print my own decals. The images can be lifted from many sites on the net. Send me a PM with the info of what you need and I'll print some for you.

Terwin

Eric
Thanks for telling me about the library. I am kind of new to the site and have not had time to look at everything. Thanks!!!

triw51

Ribanett: I really like your pens. My son-in-law is in the Navy and would love to give him one and my daughter who was in the navy also. Two questions:
1) Where do you get the decals?
2) Can you tell me how you make the pens using real cartridges? Are there instructions posted or a tutorial anywhere?

socdad

1) He prints them
2) Look in the Library (IPA Library – Pens), my personal favorite is 'Rifle Shell Pen' by Seamus7227

Larry great pens,
...where do you find the 7.62 blanks to work with?

If you can handle ALOT of brass and can travel to it the government has brass for auction.
Government Liquidation

Example: 4600lbs of 7.62 brass or 3500 lbs of 5.56.

I do like the decals! The Marines around here would love them.

I've bought several, Larry may not respond he was in a car accident back a month or so ago and has his arm in a cast.

Top Bottom