Cartridge Pen for the Metal Haters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ilikewood

ilikewood

Yup, I'm still alive....and yes, I know I haven't posted in a very long time.

This is a pen I have been working on here for a while. It is a retractable short cartridge pen totally made out of wood. Coolibah burl for the casing and Cocobolo for the bullet and primer. I used 1/2 of a teachers pen for the mechanism....works real good for short pens (not taking credit for the idea of using 1/2 teachers pen, just stating my construction materials). Friend of mine did the laser engraving. I am making about 40 of these for the local fair just before hunting season. I already have orders for bunches of these.

First person who makes fun of my really bad pictures is going to buy me a camera that I can manually focus in macro mode.

Attachments

• DSCF1270.jpg
    DSCF1270.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCF1283.jpg
    DSCF1283.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCF1265.jpg
    DSCF1265.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 409
  • DSCF1266.jpg
    DSCF1266.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

Thanks guys....I haven't seen anyone else make these yet, but I suppose there is nothing new under the sun. After I made this, I made a search for someone with anything similar, and one guy (can't remember his name) made one using the same mechanism, but his was using brass and a real bullet. I rarely turn anything but wood....hence my group name.

its_virgil

Good to see you posting again Bill. Very nice, clever and unique pen.I like it...well done. Good idea for the name and phone number on the end.
I hope they all sell.
Do a good turn dailly!
Don

Yup, I'm still alive....and yes, I know I haven't posted in a very long time.

This is a pen I have been working on here for a while. It is a retractable short cartridge pen totally made out of wood. Coolibah burl for the casing and Cocobolo for the bullet and primer. I used 1/2 of a teachers pen for the mechanism....works real good for short pens (not taking credit for the idea of using 1/2 teachers pen, just stating my construction materials). Friend of mine did the laser engraving. I am making about 40 of these for the local fair just before hunting season. I already have orders for bunches of these.

First person who makes fun of my really bad pictures is going to buy me a camera that I can manually focus in macro mode.

mickr

welcome back..what a terrific way to come back..nifty new idea & great construction...grand job all the way around

Top Bottom