CarribeanSwirl closed end, Kubotan SS316L and one other (without lathe)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Maximil

Maximil

Hello

I don't post all the pen I made but I'm always turning them when I've time.
I don't have any lathe but a drill press and a lot of imagination :wink: so these are my 15th,16th and 17th pen I turn.

The first (PIC 1 & 2) is fountain pen carribean swirl celluloid, closed end with cap modified. Beautiful blank (blue painted and epoxied) . Nothing extraordinary but I love it.

The second (PIC 3) is more classical, roller. I don't remember the name of the celluloid. Closed-end too. Black painted inside.

The last pen (PIC 4 & 5) is a roller in stainless steel 316L, closed-end kubotan style (I made kubotan in inox too and I have seen someone who had made similar thing here). Finition "satin". Always without any lathe. My drill press and a "meuleuse d'angle" (rotative grinding tool ?) have been my principal tools. Finition has been made with 240 paper, for satin finition and Miror polish for polish parts. A lot of patience was usefull because this steel is very very hard to work with.

Please excuse me for my pictures which are very poor quality and are not representative about the quality I try to have on my pens. My english is more and more bad :frown:

For those who don't want to buy a wood lathe or a metal lathe, I confirm that's possible to work without one. It oblige to think more and to be creative

Attachments

• IMG_2910.jpg
    IMG_2910.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2909.jpg
    IMG_2909.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 405
  • @IMG_2907.JPG
    @IMG_2907.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 358
  • @kubotan1.JPG
    @kubotan1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 364
  • @kubotan2.jpg
    @kubotan2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Well Maxi l think you done a darn fine job with all your pens l love the way you cut the eye for the final the last pen is my pick of the bunch but they are all great looking pens
well done mate!:biggrin:

altaciii

WOW, without the lathe! Great job Max, The pens are beautiful and your finish on the SS is great. English is good to, I'll bet no one on the site misunderstood anything you said. Again, Great job.

markgum

Excellent work and your English is better than some people that live here in the states.
hope to see more of your work soon.

Maximil

Thanks to you.
I'm really sorry to showyou these poor pictures. My customers always said me that the pens are really nicer than on my pics.:rolleyes:

Very nice pens!! but without a lathe...well that's just CRAZY :eek:

Very well done! I'd love to see a photo of your set-up...:cool:
Thanks. You've this pic on this topic : here
stylo0tx5.jpg

But now, I make only one blanks by one. I've a "comparator" (a mistumoto level to be sure that the blank turn round). I use piece of steel turned to the interior size of the blank to turn the closed end on the drill press or on a simple drill. This is how I do. It's not always easy or confortable or even speed, but it works and is as accurate that I want if I spend time to check correctly each part.
I'm sad about not have a metal lathe to do some things a little more originals but I make without for the moment :wink:

Last edited:

cnirenberg

That is awesome. With no lathe, simply stated BIEN!!!! That's all the Spanish I know sorry. Seiously, those are great looking pens and I love the finish on the SS. Great job, and thanks for posting the pice of your drill press set up. That is cool.

Top Bottom