Carpenter Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alinc100

alinc100

I made another decal pen over the last couple days.This time the subject matter was using the Carpenter's Union Logo.I have been a member for the last 26 years.I'd like to get these pens to a point to become retirement gifts for tradesmen.
The hardware is a LeRoi kit in Gold/Black and the wood is curly maple.I am finding maple to be the wood of choice when applying clear decals.I have some white decal paper on order to see what that looks like on some graphics I have ideas for.each pen presents a new step,lesson or opportunity to learn a skill.
IMG_0222edit.jpg

IMG_0232edit.jpg

IMG_0242edit.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alinc100

That the Mason symbol?

Do you ModPodge 'em on or CA them on?

Great turningz too!

Scott

The decals are all waterslide laser print.This decal was done on clear paper.
I put 5-6 coats of CA on my turning,sanded with MM, then I apply the decal using water.
After 3-4 hrs/overnight I apply 7-10 coats of CA over the decal sand with MM and polish with Novus 2.
The edges of the decals have disappeared in the CA and I haven't had any issues as of yet.
I just ordered some white decal paper to play with but haven't gotten it in yet.
The symbol is the United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Joiners of America.
UBC_union_logo.png

The Latin" Labor Omnia Vincit " means "Hard work conquers all"

dexter0606

The trouble with the white decal paper is trimming. Anything outside of the logo will show white so you need to trim tight to the logo outline

Top Bottom