Caribbean Swirl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JayDevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDevin

Hello All.
as a result of too much CA and Acrylic fumes I think I may have posted the incorrect source for a pen blank.

The Caribbean Swirl blank is one of the Craft Supply Celluloid ones.
Blue Hawaii is from Bear Tooth Woods.
this is what happens when you order from 3 suppliers in 1 day!
Sorry for any confusion!

Jay
DSC09549.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ratto

Very nice. Did you paint the tube? Any show through of the tube? I am getting read to turn a Caribbean Swirl blank for a JR Gentlemens kit. Not sure how transparent the blank is.

Dave

Originally posted by Ratto
<br />Very nice. Did you paint the tube? Any show through of the tube? I am getting read to turn a Caribbean Swirl blank for a JR Gentlemens kit. Not sure how transparent the blank is.

Dave

Yes paint the tube, I have tried using white paint lately and I Like the lightening effect over using black on this blank

mick

Ratto, look at Wal Mart in the craft section.There's all kinds os acrylic paint. I picked up a blue close to the caribbean Swirl. I paint both the insides of the blanks and the tubes. It'll make a world of diffeence. Looking at Jays pen I'm assuming thats what he did.
Painting the insides of the blank eliminates any glue bubbles showing through the transparent blanks.

JayDevin

Gents.....re painting the tube.....on this pen I did NOT!
The Sierra Vista/Wall Street III is thick enough that it doesnt show thru....the Sierra/Wall Street II you will see the brass near the ends....
Now I will take Micks advice....even tho it means settin foot in a Wally mart and get me some paint!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom