CarbonFiber Sierra Stylus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Here's a Sierra w/stlus(thanks timberbits for a great kit for a reasonible price)! The blank came from Exotics, and I sure am happy that they had some in stock, cause I needed to get to this one right away. My great customers deserve fast service! And everything came together pretty well!

Turned between centers, sanded thru the first five pretty colored MM pads and then PlastixPolish.....the shine of the acrylic is nice(better then even HDR photography can show)!

Thanks for looking! Feel free to C&C this....if you'd like too!

Scott (got some more turnings coming soon) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I really like the looks of this pen - the blank matches well.
I have not seen the sierra with that stylus tip - is it special order? New design?
It certainly looks more reliable than the other style

nick 55

I like it! A LOT! Something tells me your customer is understanding of how long it takes for perfection. Looks like a perfect daily carry pen to me.

Nick

SDB777

Just wish the camera could look into the blank better, seems difficult to actually see the fiber weave! It's really in there:wink:

Scott (thanks everyone) B

Hendu3270

Fantastic looking pen Scott. One question though. I've never worked with carbon fiber, but why only the first 5 MM pads? Why not carry it all the way to 12k?Just curious.

Janster

Nice job. I made my "Bride" a pen w/a Stylus and neither her nor I like it (the nib) that this. It just does not seem to work as well as God given fingers. None the less, great F&F on the pen!. Be well.............Jan

SDB777

Can never go wrong with the the original captg carbon fiber. Great pen!

So true. And I sure am glad I was told about the 'flappy thing' on the outside, it was a little freaky when I first went through the layer and it started making awful noises! Turned off the lathe and saw the layer...all was good!

Seemed that carbon fiber blank making was on my 'tuit' list, and I actually have a couple yards of different colored carbon fiber sleeve here(found it again during a 'cleaning day'), and I do have molds and tubes.....guess there just is never enough time?

Scott (who's got extra time anyway) B

Top Bottom