Carbon Fiber Ultra Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Here is a black/grey carbon fiber ultra cigar. When I casted the blank the material was actually more black and white but I think the resin turns the white color a bit. I have been casting other materials and have noticed this also. I am looking into something that might prevent this in the future. Hopefully it will work. I don't mind the color though. Thanks for looking and any comments or questions are always welcomed.

IMGP0543.jpg

Scoots

I gotta agree with the others. That's a SWEET looking pen. I like the silvery look more than the white, so I'd be more than happy with that outcome. Great job!!!

Penl8the

Hi John,

I agreed with the other. Awesome pen!!! One of the nicest Cigars I have ever seen.

mrburls

Nice looking pen. I too have to say that's one of the nicest cigar pens I've seen. Color combination is wonderful.

Keith "mrburls"

Lenny

That's a superb pen!

John, you've been mixing and matching a little with the Ultra kits haven't you?
I like it much better that way! :)

jttheclockman

Nice job on the fiber. Your switching of the UC parts makes the pen really pop.

Thanks Chris. I wish they would sell kits that are designed all gold or all chrome. I have used the all gold on another cigar that I am really liking the blank. The blank has become one of my favorites and I will post a photo hopefully by the weekend.

timcbs

This my Work

Hi John,

Nice looking Pen, You should try putting Mod Podge over the top once you have glued it to the tube and let dry over night, should work.

jttheclockman

Hi John,

Nice looking Pen, You should try putting Mod Podge over the top once you have glued it to the tube and let dry over night, should work.

I may have to try that. I am waiting on some color preserver used in the fishing rod industry to arrive and will try this too. I have some other very interesting materials I want to cast. This is fun. Wish I had more time to do these things.

jttheclockman

Wow here is an old photo of mine that resurfaced. I would like to thank those all that have commented and really appreciate the kind words.

Just a side note, I had mentioned somewhere within that posting that I was working on using a color preserver to help keep the white color within this material and I do have it to the point all I need to do is cast it to give it a try. I just have had no shop time at all in the past 3 months with my work situation and my pitching in and looking after my Mom. But I do promise posting a photo if it does turn out the way I hope. I also have other insulation wrapings that I need to cast also so I hope to get them all done together.

Thanks again all. :)

PenMan1

Very Nice... OK, John, 'fess up! You did something different with the trim rings on the Ultra Cig? I can't put my finger on the change, but I like it!

jttheclockman

Very Nice... OK, John, 'fess up! You did something different with the trim rings on the Ultra Cig? I can't put my finger on the change, but I like it!

Yes I did. I bought the 2 different styles at that time that they offered, chrome with gold and gold with chrome. I then took them and interchanged the parts to match all the chrome and used the other parts to match all the gold to get what you see there. The only thing is the small washers on the nib and the cap can not be interchanged. I will look for the other photo of the gold.

Here is what I did with the gold parts I had left over. It is an ultra cigar with a white pearled blank. Thanks for looking.

whitepen.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom