Carbon fiber slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SNEMO

SNEMO

I have not gotten into casting my own pens yet so I bought this blank and only did the turning and assembly. I look forward to casting my own but right now that is an additional cost I am not ready for.

I made this pen for a good friend of mine that flys on the B1 in the Air Force.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 246
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glenspens

use to work on B1a &b1b at Edwards afb then went to Ellsworth afb with the b1... but that's been over 20 years ago.. tell him that a old b1 crew chief said hello O good looking pen ..

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
That is a very cool pen, top notch fit and finish. Are you ready to make some more? I have a feeling your going to get some orders.

SNEMO

That is a very cool pen, top notch fit and finish. Are you ready to make some more? I have a feeling your going to get some orders.

I have already got some orders that I am working on. Mostly friends and relatives at this time. The one thing over the ten years I have been doing woodworking and making things for retirements and going aways is that I do not like to mass produce items. People have approached me when making plaques and stuff and would say you should just make a bunch of those so we have them on hand to give away. My response, NO. For me the things I make are individual just as the people I am making them for are individual and deserve something that is unique to them. My greatest accomplishment is when I made my very first shadow box for a Fire Chief's retirement and the entire room gasped when they saw it and the Fire Chief cried. That was my goal, to make him cry. One of the great things about making pens in my opinion is that even if i use the same kit, the same wood or like blank no two pens are exactly the same. I am very attached to my creations and know every little detail about it to include the flaws, even if no one else sees them. Sorry for the long rant but it is something I have strong feelings about.

Top Bottom