Carbon Fiber slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I stopped by an archery shop tonight looking for antler and look what I found! This guy has a scrap box with all kinds of carbon fiber arrow shaft cutoffs. Only a few were unfinished, most were camo printed. I had to drill out a few thousandths on the inside diameter, no brass tube, then built up the outside diameter with thick CA. It's brittle as it comes, but got this one done.

Rich

2005292149_carbonfiber.jpg

200529225_carbonfibercloseup.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Looks really nice, Rich, and unique..

Not being an archery person...trying to figure out what carbon fiber is...and what (and why) are there shaft cutoffs..?

low_48

I'm not an archery person either. He had two different kinds of arrows that they use for target practice, aluminum and carbon fiber. The carbon fiber is used for all kinds of light weight/high strength applications. It's a bit like fiberglass, but it's a lot stronger. Woven carbon fiber is saturated with resin then put under high pressure and heat to make the shapes. These shafts were just thin wall tubing made from the composite. Camoflage aluminum pens will be coming latter.

Rich

woodscavenger

Bullet pens, antler pens, ribbons, denim, arrow shafts, corn cobs......I am truly amamzed at the collective skill and creativity of this group!

PenWorks

Nice Rich, looks just like the thin wall carbon fiber tubing I bought. I guess that's what they do with it, make arrows.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom