Carbon Fiber Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Got this blank from CaptG recently. This was one of those experimental pieces and he wasn't sure how it would look with the design spiralling like it does. What do you think???? It is a red and black fiber on a Sierra Vista kit. Looking at the pen up close it has a real neat effect in that the red looks like it is standing proud of the black. Not sure if it is the clear resin that gives a reflective look or not but I like it. Thanks for looking and any comments are surely welcomed as always.

IMGP0426-1-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Pen is beautiful, pic is getting better but what is the shape that is intruding into the `shine line`, if it is your reflection then move out of the way, if it is a building of some sort then point your pen in another direction so as the shine line is uninterupted.

jttheclockman

Pen is beautiful, pic is getting better but what is the shape that is intruding into the `shine line`, if it is your reflection then move out of the way, if it is a building of some sort then point your pen in another direction so as the shine line is uninterupted.

Its my camera which is on a tripod. I am trying to use your suggestions and I will continue to work on it. I told you I am bringing my pens over your house. You have the perfect set up. Should be a short trip:biggrin:

TX_Planes

Nice job. It's got to be fun to turn experimental blanks.

I need to try a carbon fiber blank.

Stevej72

I really like the looks of it. I'll have to order some of those. I did order two sets of the regular black carbon fiber in Jr Stateman from CatpG because I wanted one for myself. When I showed it to one of my customers he ordered one for himself. I told him I wasn' sure of the price, he said "it didn't matter".

Ligget

Its my camera which is on a tripod. I am trying to use your suggestions and I will continue to work on it. I told you I am bringing my pens over your house. You have the perfect set up. Should be a short trip:biggrin:

I don`t use a tripod John, look at the angle my pens are photographed from, try to do the same!:wink::)

Top Bottom