Carbon fiber saga continues.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

These are Virage pens . One in gunmetal and one in chrome. They are wrapped in 0.25 carbon fiber sleeve, cast in resin, turned and polished with Novus.
Thanks for looking.

IMG_9278.JPG

IMG_9279.JPG

IMG_9281.JPG

IMG_9284.JPG

IMG_9286.JPG

IMG_9287.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Very Nice!

Looks sleek, quick and deadly......

I like the Gunmetal but am curious as to the plating durability of gunmetal?????
Any opinions Brian????

longbeard

SWEET!!!!!
Gun Metal is my fav
First pen i turned was a slimline gun metal over a year ago, still looks good, no wear, use it about 3 to 4 days a week at work.
Done a great job on those Brian, gonna have to get a virage or two

Harry

vanngo5d

Like the carbon fiber. Do you like the .25 sleeve better than the .5 or have you had a chankce to try the larger. I find the ends are where i have a problem thinking the .25 might fit tighter
Don

curlyjoe

Nice Pens!
I like the carbon fiber on these.
I have made a few of these and found they are quite nice.
Not wanting to start a thread war but thought I would add my .02 worth.
The gunmetal as you say is actually Black Titanium as they do not make a gunmetal.
The Gold Titanium is only crap when you put a buffer to it, why you would want to I don't know but, no plating will hold up to a buffer.

Like the carbon fiber. Do you like the .25 sleeve better than the .5 or have you had a chankce to try the larger. I find the ends are where i have a problem thinking the .25 might fit tighter
Don
I am sorry. These pens used the .50 not the .25. I dont think it would be possable to get the .25 over this tube.

Nice Pens!
I like the carbon fiber on these.
I have made a few of these and found they are quite nice.
Not wanting to start a thread war but thought I would add my .02 worth.
The gunmetal as you say is actually Black Titanium as they do not make a gunmetal.
The Gold Titanium is only crap when you put a buffer to it, why you would want to I don't know but, no plating will hold up to a buffer.
The gold I received came from the factory pre crappy I did not do anything to it. 2-3 out of the five I received had faded and splotchy spots on them.

Top Bottom