Carbon Fiber Meets Aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

i wanted to make a carbon fiber mecha blank so here it is, the carbon fiber weave doesn't really show out even with the magnification provided by the resin

all in all i think it looks pretty good for an experiment

there is one thing i will change on the next one

i first painted the tube with black spray paint, but even after letting it dry for a week the carbon fiber woven tube pulled the paint off in places, which can be seen in places - next time i will wrap the tube in aluminum tape, the silver showing through will be brighter and stand out more, which should also show the weave in the carbon tube

thanks for looking, C&C welcome

MIK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

No sooner did I ask the Question, and here it is the answer.
Thanks, Mik.
Great idea to apply the top and lower section of the Carbon Fibre Blank with Aluminium Boiler Plate.
Terrific Fit and Finish.
Great choice of hardware, very well suited.
I won't ask What's Next. I'll just wait and see.
Brian.

MIKL

thanks for the feedback guys

No sooner did I ask the Question, and here it is the answer.
Thanks, Mik.
Great idea to apply the top and lower section of the Carbon Fibre Blank with Aluminium Boiler Plate.
Terrific Fit and Finish.
Great choice of hardware, very well suited.
I won't ask What's Next. I'll just wait and see.
Brian.

Brian its seems that you found my next idea, i still have another that i am playing with but have not had time to give it a try, maybe next weekend

Nice pen,That aluminum,catchy stuff ain't it?

thanks Mark

catchy ain't the word, i have to do some wood now, the guys from OZ are thinking that i have run out of wood, i have more wood in my Cave than i can poke a stick at:biggrin: but HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST....WINS, so i am saving it up:biggrin:

MIK

Top Bottom