Caramel swirl Bakelite Emperor for customer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Here is another for my 10,000.00 pen man to go along with the Chittum burl Emperor fountain pen. This a caramel swirl Bakelite Emperor fountain pen. Another blank from Dawn at exoticblanks. Wish she had more of this stuff. Check it out.

Thanks, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 159.jpg
    159.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 182
  • 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 158.jpg
    158.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 172
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

This is the BEST Bakelite I have ever seen! You could not have picked a better pen to make. The blank material was made for this pen kit. Fit for a King! Beautiful!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That really IS nice material and a GREAT look, Keith!!!

Rest assured that Dawn continues to LOOK for it. Unfortunately, lately those who have ANY bakelite think it is worth it's weight in gold, with gold at $1100 an ounce, well,,,,,................ pricey!!

Wheaties

WOW!

Bakelite has been on my to-do list for a while..... I think it just got bumped up after seeing that!

jttheclockman

That is probably the best looking non wood blank I have seen here. You matched the blank to the kit perfect. That is a winner.

Bakelite is such a classy material that can not be touched by any acrylic or casted blank by far. It always belongs on a highend kit also such as yours. I only wish it was not so darn expensive.

Thanks for showing and I will dream on.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That is probably the best looking non wood blank I have seen here. You matched the blank to the kit perfect. That is a winner.

Bakelite is such a classy material that can not be touched by any acrylic or casted blank by far. It always belongs on a highend kit also such as yours. I only wish it was not so darn expensive.

Thanks for showing and I will dream on.

Something I have learned in the last few years, Expensive materials make expensive pens. If you use the "multiply my cost by 2,3,4 or whatever", you find the profit dollars add up quickly---IF you don't blow out the pen in making it!!! (Just in case there are potential pen customers reading this--- NOT EVERY turner can make a pen from bakelite and failures cost the penturner just as much as successes!! So, if you succeed, multiply by 4, 5 or more to make up for the times you don't.)

jttheclockman

Something I have learned in the last few years, Expensive materials make expensive pens. If you use the "multiply my cost by 2,3,4 or whatever", you find the profit dollars add up quickly---IF you don't blow out the pen in making it!!! (Just in case there are potential pen customers reading this--- NOT EVERY turner can make a pen from bakelite and failures cost the penturner just as much as successes!! So, if you succeed, multiply by 4, 5 or more to make up for the times you don't.)

I need to find me a high $$$ market to justify the cost. That is a $100 pen before I put it on the market easily. I read how people have these venues where they can sell high dollar pens but that has not happened to me yet. I am still in the craft show circuit. Lots and lots of competion in my area. I am working on a signature style pen and hopefully this will seperate me from the others. Will see.

But those blanks sure do make for pretty pens.

mrburls

Thanks everyone for the comments. I've been showing it off to some that have bought a few pens from me and they pretty much have the same to say.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom