Captive lightning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I'm certainly not the first to do something like this. My first attempts at something like this were almost 6 months ago and they failed miserably. I'm not one to give up and I'm quite pleased with the outcome. It may not be to your liking and that's fine. The only thing I'm not real thrilled with is that I could have taken the cap down just a bit more. Turned the barrels one at a time and just went by eye. It looks very denim-like, but the medium is cotton print and is NOT cast in PR. Modified SL in silver satin.

20062141944_SL_SS_cotton.jpg

Go ahead and rip it to threads. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Very unique look Billy! I love the way it looks like a thunder storm! How many bottles of CA was used? I hope you are wearing a good mask! Opps! Sorry. My sons are away at college. I was just being motherly!

alamocdc

Thanks again, everyone. Alice, it took just less than 1/4 of a bottle for both blanks. I can't remember if it was a 2 or 4 oz bottle, but I got them from Mannie on the bulk buy. I wasn't wearing my respirator when I started, but quickly discovered that this wasn't a good idea so I donned it when I was able to catch my breath and see again. [:0][:p]

JimGo

Billy, that's pretty cool! Great concept, and the results are neat too. I agree about the shape of the upper barrel, but that's a personal taste issue.

Nice job!

Dario

It is indeed unique and I salute you for trying all these other materials. Good job! I am sure someone will love to buy that pen.

Skye

Said it before, say it again, real sweet pen. Gonna fix that top or did you decide to leave a good thing alone?

Reminds me of someone else who did that... what was the feller's name?

So, where's the corduroy love? [:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom